Title: Director, Professional Services- Remote
Location: Remote, USA
Personal development and becoming the best you is all about growth and exploring new skills and opportunities both in and out of the office. At Accruent, we call this Grow Without Limits, and we’re proud to offer each of our employees the resources, coaching and support necessary to achieve Growth Without Limits in their personal and professional lives. Explore where the path takes you.
Why you want to work for our Professional Services team:
Our Professional Services team is dedicated to our customers in ensuring they are successful and happy in the Accruent products they purchase. You will help our clients map a path to the Accruent platform to solve their overarching business problems. We are looking for highly motivated, fast moving, and dynamic individuals to help implement and deliver our world class platform solutions.
Our Director, Professional Services provides leadership, P&L responsibility, and vision enabling the execution and growth of Professional Service for the EMS platform. The position requires a person who models the behaviors that result in quality outcomes for clients and works to develop the skills and confidence of the Professional Services team members. This position will also work collaboratively with other Professional Services department leaders including other Directors and the VP, Workplace Solutions to achieve company success. As Director, you’ll define the strategic direction of the EMS professional services team ensuring customers successfully expand and derive value from their EMS platform.
This position reports directly to the VP, Workplace Solutions and will be located in any Accruent office including work from home.
As the Director of Professional Services:
- You have deep experience developing Professional Services strategy and leading Professional Services teams.
- You know how to design and execute the operational infrastructure required to support a professional services organization including pricing, costs, revenue, utilization, customer satisfaction, contracting, and project management
- You are an inspiring leader. You know how to architect a team with a people-first focus on crafting offerings, managing consultant bandwidth, designing career paths, and building comp plans to drive efficient, high performing teams.
- You are a skilled communicator and collaborator fueled to build internal and external relationships
- You have a growth mindset and are a learner by nature who pushes themselves and their team for continuous improvement.
Directly supervises up to 8 employees in the Professional Services department. The Director executes supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
How you’ll make a difference:
- Lead, own, and drive the growth of the Professional Services business; manage a planning and financial forecasting process that enables sustainable capacity planning
- Offer successful programs and processes to optimize customer satisfaction and retention to new and existing customers
- Lead and grow the client implementation service delivery team providing management and oversight of platform implementation. Ensure the staffing levels are adequate to meet resource demand (for both new sales and backlog) while maintain appropriate levels of team utilization.
- Develop the necessary department procedures, metrics, and objectives and key results (OKRs) to manage the success of the business and proactively respond to gaps identified by data trends and changing business requirements including utilization, bookings, revenue, margins, customer satisfaction, and employee engagement
- Senior department leader responsible for oversight of hiring, training, performance management and career engagement within the EMS Professional Services team.
- Develop strong relationships with key customers and partners driving market strategy in the proper directions.
- Partner with the Sales team and assist in project pre-qualification and scoping to ensure that high quality deals are sold that will lead to customer success. Evaluate the roadmap for a customer’s long-term vision, to identify solutions for each client’s unique needs. Collaborate with Sales and Sales Operations to complete project estimates, statements of work, and other documents or tasks as needed to shorten/close the sales cycle.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration) or equivalent work experience with implementing software technology
- Minimum of 8 years working with customers in a project management, program management, or professional services capacity. 3+ years of direct management experience.
- Track record of successfully building, evaluating, and scaling Professional Services strategies
- History of building diverse, engaged, and high performing teams
- Strong operational management, project management and communication/presentation skills required
- Experience with implementing large scale software solutions including all phases of a client software implementation lifecycle
- Ability to translate customer business requirements into business solutions
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage workflow to meet deadlines
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills to lead collaboration across functions throughout the organization
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software and familiarity with additional applications including SalesForce. Knowledge of EMS application platform a plus.
- This job does not require travel domestically or internationally,
- This is a full-time, exempt opportunity.
- Relocation will not be considered for this position.
- At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
At Accruent (a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation), we strive to be on the cutting edge of the software world, providing purpose-built intelligent solutions that raise customer expectations, shift paradigms and transform the way businesses operate and achieve success.
We aim to provide the same transformational growth for our 1,000+ employees which includes a vibrant office culture in major cities like Austin and Amsterdam and 10,000 customers in more than 150 countries we know you’ll gain new experiences along the way. In our continued effort to help our teams Grow Without Limits, we provide all employees with the resources, coaching and support they need to reach new heights and experience true professional and personal development and we do this because we believe it will help us grow as a global company in return.
Every person can bring something incredible to the table, and we can always achieve more together. So, if you are courageous, adaptable, collaborative and interested in becoming the best you, we encourage you to join us for the ride even if you don’t believe you have the exact experience to fill a particular role.