Title: Director of Web3
Location: US National
Classifications: Remote Full-Time
Insurance… sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it’s failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We’re doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customers -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch is a Virtual First Workplace with office locations in SF, Chicago, and NYC. This role can be based anywhere in the U.S as long as you can work our Vouch core collaboration hours (8:30 am-2:30 pm Pacific Time.)
As the Director of Web3 at Vouch, you’ll be responsible for building our team, book, and products within these categories. The pace of change in these categories is only accelerating, and we’re looking for a leader that can help Vouch stay one step ahead of the market as we seek to bridge the divide between today’s institutional and regulatory realities and the future that our clients are actively building. We need someone that is dynamic enough to hold court with the world’s most sophisticated investors, roll up their sleeves to dig into the details and translate all of this complexity to clients that aren’t familiar with insurance. Out of the gate, you’ll dive right into leading the development of our Crypto offerings, accelerate the development of our Fintech team, help define our GTM strategy, build relationships with key clients and partners, and build Vouch’s brand in the ecosystem.
- Own the key performance indicators for our Fintech and Crypto books of business from brand-building to client acquisition and retention
- Build the best team in the market when it comes to the levels of expertise, production velocity, and creativity for our clients
- Help lead the development of our products and capabilities across Crypto and Fintech in partnership with our Insurance, Product, and Specialty Brokerage teams
- Develop the GTM playbook for how we win the Fintech and Crypto markets while helping Vouch write the playbook for how we win across the entire Scale segment (i.e. pre-IPO companies)
- Collaborate with Account Managers on the Client Success team responsible for the day-to-day activities required to service and retain our clients across your book of business
- Work with our Startup Insurance team to graduate the most promising early-stage (i.e., Seed and Series A) Fintech/Crypto companies into your dedicated vertical portfolio
- Directly cultivate and manage relationships with the most important founders, investors, operators, and partners in your ecosystem
- Educate our colleagues, partners, regulators, and clients as the Vouch domain expert on Fintech and Crypto insurance
- Ready to hire and lead an exceptionally talented and diverse team
- Excited by the challenge of solving hard and ambiguous problems in complex situations
- Adept at cycling between both the highly strategic and the deeply tactical
- Deep domain expertise and relationships within Fintech and/or Crypto
- Familiarity with Commercial P&C coverage lines (Professional and Speciality lines)
- Experience selling to or working closely with CEOs, CFOs, and GC’s
- 10+ years of insurance, sales, business development, product development, or similar experience
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Dependable, positive, and detail-oriented with excellent follow-through skills
- Bachelor’s degree
Nice to Have Experience:
- Former entrepreneur
- Active/Current Property and Casualty License
- Exposure to, and passion for, early-stage startups and/or high growth environments
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
- Monthly Doordash credits ($80/month)