Director of Project Management
CLIENT SERVICES /
Silverback Strategies is a performance marketing agency on a mission to build the best agency culture. Our goal is to enable specialists to do what they do best so that our clients win every time. Silverback has won best places to work awards from Ad Age, Inc Magazine, The Washingtonian and The Washington Business Journal.
We’re focused on growth — for our clients, company and staff. We’ve made the Inc 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the country each year since 2014. Our success is based on our people, a growing collection of A-plus performers who thrive in our environment.
We have a tight-knit team that’s high-energy, competitive and fun. It’s like working at a startup, minus the uncertainty. We live by our motto: we’re in this together.
Today, we’re ready to add a Director of Project Management to our team.
Our new Director of Project Management will play a pivotal role in helping to deliver digital media and analytics services. This position requires the ability to supervise multiple projects & employees and requires a general technical background, strong business knowledge, and very strong project management skills. It is extremely important for this person to possess excellent people skills to routinely interact with team members as well as external clients. The Director of Project Management should be driven to improve processes and technology within Silverback. The work is varied and challenging — you must enjoy and thrive in a busy, deadline driven environment.
The Director of Project Management will ultimately be responsible for completely overhauling & revitalizing Silverback’s current Project Management system, creating an industry-leading project management platform with strong attention to best practices and driving results for our clients. Here’s what we expect from our Director of Project Management.
What You’ll Do
- Oversees the development and tracking of integrated project plans. Adapts and applies the delivery approach to meet project objectives and client business drivers. Establishes and maintains project communications.
- Oversees project estimations and the development of project deliverables.
- Establishes and maintains processes to manage scope throughout the project lifecycle.
- Champions project management best practices across the organization
- Establishes standard reports for project teams and clients
- Establishes PM procedures for project teams including project start, execution, completion and review
- Provides an infrastructure of constant health performance monitoring
- Ensures repeatable processes are in place and documented
- Works with Client Services department to ensure consistent customer-focused delivery
- Serves as lead project manager on enterprise client engagements
- Ensures team is meeting established timeline and goals
- Systematically tracks project tasks
- Provides accurate time and resourcing estimates for existing and upcoming engagement
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years’ experience in digital media/marketing/analysis in a project manager role
- Agency experience is a VERY strong plus!!
- Experience delivering digital media projects
- Familiarity with website analytics (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc.), and/or data visualization tools (Tableau, Data Studio, etc.)
- Knowledge of Asana, Basecamp, OpenAir or NetSuite would be considered an asset
- Ability to prioritize project deliverables and incident handling across organization
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently in meeting deadlines
- Advanced skill with Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Eagerness to deliver under tight deadlines
- Outstanding time management and organization skills
- The ability to accept constructive criticism in a professional manner and to learn from edits
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, etc plans
- Peloton digital membership
- Weekly guided meditation
- Monthly Team Events
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- We’re a remote friendly team. Whether you work remotely or out of our Arlington, VA office, you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, Zoom).
- We at Silverback pride ourselves on being an extremely tight-knit team. We boast an unparalleled culture of collaboration, empathy, and a truly “work hard, play hard” mentality.
- We are consistently recognized as a Top Workplace on Glassdoor, and were most recently awarded a prestigious 150 Top Workplaces of 2021 designation by the Washington Post. Apply today & discover for yourself what makes Silverback Strategies such a special place to work. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Silverback Strategies is an equal opportunity employer. If you believe you meet the qualifications for the position, then we invite you to apply. We celebrate the free flow of conversation, ideas and opinions at Silverback, but actions such as bullying, discrimination, harassment or retaliation of any kind are strictly prohibited in our workplace. We are committed to providing a safe, open and accommodating environment that allows all of our team members to thrive. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, color, disability, family, genetic information, origin, race, religion, sex. For more information, we invite you to visit eeoc.gov.