Director of Communications and Content Director
REMOTE / FLEXIBLE
BRAND ID CREATIVE
FULL TIME, EXEMPT
Best Egg is a consumer financial technology platform that aims to help people feel more confident about their everyday finances through a suite of products and resources. Our digital financial platform offers simple, accessible, and personalized financial solutions including personal loans, credit cards, and a financial health resource center.
Our culture and values are one of the core reasons why our customers keep returning to Best Egg. We are committed to championing a culture of inclusiveness and diversity of thought, and we focus on providing a safe, flexible, and collaborative work environment. Our associates are encouraged to engage in creative problem solving, and we promote opportunities for growth and enrichment across the organization.
If you are inspired by inspiring others, Best Egg is the place for you.
Best Egg celebrates diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better we will grow.
Best Egg is seeking a Communications and Content Director. This position will report to the Senior Director of Communications and Content in the Brand, Insights & Design team. In this role, you will translate the Best Egg brand into a variety of short- and long-form content to help our customers take control of their financial future today. This will include working with team members in channel, product, communications, digital, creative, and analytics, as well as aligning all messaging with our brand voice and guidelines.
The right candidate will be an artful storyteller with the ability to own content end-to-end. In this role, you will be successful if you love writing and storytelling, have a deep understanding of how to effectively translate a brand voice, and have experience writing across a variety of digital channels.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the Senior Director in providing oversight and governance of communications and content
- Partner with the Marketing and Customer Insights teams to develop customer communications and content to drive conversion, engagement, cross-sell and retention
- Guide and influence other departments and key marketing personnel on brand identity and communication standards
- Help drive content strategy through a collaborative process with product owners and other partners
- Develop and manage content calendar for the enterprise in conjunction with product owner(s) to ensure content is dynamic and timely
- Guide communications team in the production of consistent, high-quality digital and print content
- Collaborate effectively with internal teams while leading agency partners
- Move quickly and feel comfortable having autonomy to lead projects
- Translate our business into proactive, positive storytelling to drive our corporate reputation
- Mentor junior team members
- Bachelor’s Degree Communications, Journalism, Marketing, PR (preferred)
- 7+ years’ experience in copywriting, content strategy and development, or digital marketing in Finance or Technology
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in translating business objectives into integrated communication strategies and tactics that drive business performance
- Project management and collaboration experience including managing cross-functional projects from inception to completion
- Flexibility to adapt to evolving needs and priorities
- Ability to prioritize deadlines and address requests within a rapidly moving environment
- Copyediting experience with documented standards including brand guidelines, style, voice, and tone
- Experience working with a variety of stakeholders and working cross-functionally
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
At Best Egg, we believe money should be accessible so people can reach their goals, live a fuller life, and feel pride in knowing they have taken control of their finances. For those who need extra money to achieve the progress they seek in life, Best Egg is the modern solution-minded finance provider that mixes decades of banking experience with smart technology and deep customer insight to create products designed for today’s borrower, so that people can establish a smoother financial path. The egg symbolizes protection and a fresh start.
Best Egg offers many additional benefits for our employees, including (but not limited to):
Pre-tax and post-tax retirement savings plans with a competitive company matching program
Generous paid time-off plans including vacation, personal/sick time, paid short– term and long-term disability leaves, paid parental leave, and paid company holidays
Multiple health care plans to choose from, including dental and vision options
Flexible Spending Plans for Health Care, Dependent Care, and Health Reimbursement Accounts
Company-paid benefits such as life insurance, wellness platforms, employee assistance programs, and Health Advocate programs
Other great discounted benefits include identity theft protection, pet insurance, fitness center reimbursements, and many more!