Director, Global Transportation and Customs
We are seeking a Director of Global Transportation and Customs as a key leader of our global Supply Chain Team.
You will bring to this role, leadership, experience, and creativity to how we effectively move products around the world. You will create and implement strategies that improve the flow of Athletic Greens products inbound from manufacturer to our global warehouse network. You will also provide insight and support sourcing in the transportation of raw materials to key manufacturing locations and provide support and analysis on customs imports and risk mitigation throughout our global network. This role will report into the Vice President of Global Supply Chain.
The qualified candidate will be an energetic person, with skills ready to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. The candidate will contribute their expertise and knowledge and join a team of passionate individuals who love what they do.
The ideal candidate will have robust and detailed experience in international transportation network creation and management including customs and tariff regulations.
- Create, implement, and continuously iterate on transportation strategies to improve the flow of products throughout the AG global network
- Create and implement key metrics for reporting and visibility that monitor performance and identity areas of continuous improvement.
- Implement transportation strategic initiatives in collaboration with supply chain partners, ensuring all programs meet critical standards for quality, financial performance, and operational efficiency
- Negotiate rates and evaluate providers continuously across air/sea logistics, bulk and final mile transportation
- Work with key internal and external partners to ensure we achieve the optimal balance of speed, cost, quality, service, and sustainability
- Develop processes and maintain records per Customs/TSA requirements as well as details to support our sustainability goals (carbon offset etc.)
- Lead RPF to source and implement TMS system
- Responsible for customs and regulatory compliance
- Continuously be aware of key changes in the customs, freight, and the global transportation network to our key markets
- Act as key member of strategic projects to open new markets
- Act as a leader and mentor for the transportation team, driving growth, development, and contributes to the department’s long-term success
- Review proposals and make recommendations for modifications in rates and transportation regulations
- 10 years+ professional experience in logistics / transportation roles
- Well-versed in customs regulations, tariffs and classifications for EU, UK, China, Australia and Canada with willingness and drive to learn new markets
- Highly developed interpersonal and leadership skills with demonstrated experience in partner management and cost management
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating teams.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in person, on the phone, electronically, or through other means to individuals and groups