Employer: Stash Financial
Want to help everyday Americans build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we believe in the power of simplifying investing, making it easy and affordable for everyday Americans to build wealth and achieve their financial goals.
We’re one of the fastest growing fintechs in the U.S. and have had another record-breaking year. In 2021 we almost doubled our headcount and valuation. Our personal finance app makes investing easy and affordable; this year 6 million customers set aside more than $3 billion with Stash.
Prioritizing People is one of our core values and has been key to a healthy work-life balance and a great sense of fulfillment and inclusion. We employ a true people first – hybrid model. Live and work where you feel the most productive, whether that is in our home, in an office, or a combination of both. Anywhere in the US or UK.
Let’s solve complex problems and tackle wealth inequality.
Stash is looking for a Director of Analytics experienced with marketing and acquisition teams to build reliable, scalable, and performant data systems and software.
This role will partner closely with Growth Marketing to drive data driven decision making using attribution modeling, incrementally testing, and LTV modeling to build the financial advisor of the future.
We look for strategic thinkers and creative problem solvers with a bias for execution. You can expect to contribute code as well as product/feature ideas from the get-go.
If you are looking for a culture that encourages ownership, taking calculated risks, being data-driven and that values evidence over ego, we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Manage a team of 3 data scientists delivering data products that support growth at Stash
- Maintain and iterate on data products to ensure high-availability and reliability
- Partner with the growth teams at Stash to deliver data products that enhance decision making, measure impact, and optimize the customer experience
- Build and maintain scalable data systems and infrastructure that empower our marketing, product and business teams to make better decisions
- Develop ETL pipelines that enhance source data to create more actionable insights
- Work with large datasets to help us better understand our customers and anticipate their needs through distributed computation techniques
- Make rigorous statistical inferences from A/B testing on our product and customer segments
Who we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience; most recently working with data, preferably from a growth perspective
- SQL proficiency, with an understanding of storing and querying data from Redshift, PostgreSQL, or similar database infrastructures
- 4+ years of professional programming work in Python, or similar
- Experience with Pandas, R, or other statistical modeling frameworks
- Comfort with distributed computing, specifically Pyspark, AWS EMR, and Airflow
- Knowledge of Looker or similar front end analytics platforms
- dbt, Data Engineering and ETL experience is a big plus!
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]