STAFF DIGITAL PRODUCT DESIGNER SETUP & BROWSE (OPEN TO REMOTE WORK, EXCEPT THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS: SD, VT, AND WV)
Staff Digital Product Designer Setup & Browse (Open To Remote Work, Except The Following Locations: SD, VT, And WV)
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc. designs the future. At NIKE, Inc. designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
Who we’re looking for
You’re known for your well-honed design skills and talent for leading teams through design projects. You’re the glue between design, engineering and product. You own a project from start to finish solving design challenges while inspiring others through your work and collaboration. You’re also growing your leadership skills by being a mentor to other designers.
Who you’ll work with
This team is responsible for the UX and design of digital product features and capabilities that deliver the best possible user experience across Nike’s consumer Setup and Permissions team defining how users setup their profile and preference and manage their privacy. This role covers the entire Nike digital suite which includes Nike Commerce App, Nike.com, SNKRS App, Nike Running App, and Nike Training App.
This role will primarily lead the team focused on building and sustaining trust with our consumers via a fair, frictionless, and transparent experience from the first moment they are introduced to the Nike digital ecosystem. As a key member of this team, you’ll report into the Sr. Director of the Setup & Permissions team.
What your responsibilities will be
- Designing incredibly polished work that represents the Nike brand and product experience through visual comps, wireframes, flows and prototypes
- Owning an entire product space or working on large projects that encompass multiple broad/undefined features
- Thinking big, innovating and driving execution on cross-team products or a domain area
- Rapidly iterating and refining design conceptsfrom initial briefing through final delivery
- Facilitating and leading brainstorms and workshops
- Working closely and collaboratively with a cross-functional team of producers, product managers, project managers, engineers, researchers and fellow designers
- Inspiring new ways of thinking and exploring the unknown using fresh and unique approaches to design problems
- Mentoring and providing helpful feedback to fellow designers and interns to uplevel their craft and skills
- Evangelizing the Nike brand and driving initiatives that strengthen Nike’s design culture internally
What you bring to Nike
- 8+ years of relevant experience with end-to-end digital product design with proven experience in visual and UX
- A bachelor’s degree or any combination of education, training and experience in design, UX/UI design, human-computer interaction or a related field
- Experience in e-commerce with first-hand knowledge of UX best practices and patterns with online retail sites
- Strong understanding of product thinking, interaction design, data science, experimentation and execution(expert in one or more areas)
- Hands-on creative and systems thinker with strong UX/UI/IA design expertise
- Demonstrated user-centric design approach and insights-based design process
- Strong collaborator with product managers, engineers, writers, researchers and marketers
- Strong design process;ability to contribute new processes or enhancements to cross-functional teams
- Experience working with consumer research and data
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Exceptional time management skills providing accurate estimations and often helping the team deliver early
- Ability to influence or create design patterns or standards that are adopted by other teams
- Highly proficient with design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Adobe CC, Principle and Keynote
- Cross-platform design experiences (web, Android, iOS, emails)
- Ability to communicate a vision for the work in a way others can relate to and buy into
- Ability to establish a holistic look and feel between all pieces of a large project
- Experience launching software at scale in a fast-paced product organization
- Passion for the Nike brand, sport and for creating high-quality work
- A fascination with innovation and technology and a solid understanding of digital tools and trends
- Candidates must submit an online portfolio with samples of their design work to be considered for the position.
Open to remote work, except cannot work in South Dakota, Vermont, and West Virginia. These candidates will be required to relocate. For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $145,000 per year.
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.