Title: Digital Designer
Location: United States – Work from Home
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences.
The Creative Studio in the Mass Markets (Consumer) division at Lumen Technologies is in search of a full time, uber-talented Graphic Designer with digital display/banner ad experience. The position will be responsible for delivering assets that are effective, engaging and on-brand. The candidate will ideate, storyboard, create, and develop design solutions to support our digital media strategy, export to HTML5 and GIF, plus design promotional material such as direct mail, local collateral, social media graphics, email, and banner ads. This individual must have excellent graphic design skills, basic animation capabilities, ability to deliver motion based HTML5 display/banner ads, flexible, and prioritize work based on business objectives in a fast-paced environment.
This role can be remote, though for candidates who prefer a hybrid/office-based environment, we have major offices in large cities like Denver, Seattle, Portland, Twin Cities, Phoenix, and more.
The Main Responsibilities
- As a Digital Designer, you’ll get to showcase your expertise in creating digital assets to support our digital media strategy. More specifically, you will get to:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop designs that are unique, engaging, align with best practices and brand standards while providing an effective user experience and maintain consistency in content across all tactical platforms.
- Developing assets that are in alignment with project briefs and presenting design ideas to all the relevant stakeholders.
- Bring ideas to life by designing best-in-class brand experiences across e-commerce, email, digital media and print materials.
- Design, produce and deliver display/banner ads in HTML5 format, and ensure proper testing & QA is completed prior to delivery.
- Trafficking files to vendors.
- Meet service level KPIs, such as productivity metrics and SLA for design projects.
- Manage multiple projects from concept to final output, in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible with ability to prioritize work and change direction as needed based on business objectives.
- Present work to the team and brief owners and articulating ideas.
- Develop and maintain effective, collaborative relationships with peers and other company personnel.
- Seek continual education and stay up to date on industry trends and the latest digital design software.
- Other duties as assigned.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in digital design, graphic design, or a related field.
- Proven experience in a professional digital design role.
- Must have a strong portfolio of previous digital design work to showcase experience and creativity across social media graphics, illustrations, digital media ads, and motion graphics.
- Must be an expert level in following applications: Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, and After Effects), Acrobat Professional, Animate, and Sketch.
- Basic animation skills.
- Ability to produce optimized motion based HTML5 and GIF banners.
- Strong communications skills and an ability to present work intelligently and concisely in internal reviews and in stakeholder meetings.
- Deep understanding of the creative development process and ability to consistently deliver excellent design based on a working knowledge of what goes into successful marketing campaigns.
- Ability to be flexible, self-direct, multi-task and prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced environment.