- Ionic apps range from side projects to apps that power huge businesses. When Ionic’s developer-customers run into problems and need our help, they turn to our Developer Support team.
- This team’s goal is to help developers keep their apps running and their end-users happy as quickly and effectively as possible.
- The DevOps Support Engineer (DSE) is a key member of the Customer Success team. DSEs work directly with developers using Ionic to create their applications and help them troubleshoot technical issues.
- The primary focus of this role is to help our customers solve critical and complex technical challenges related to continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD).
- The main goal of this role is to enable customers to deliver Ionic applications faster, automate releases, and set up Ionic Appflow for continuous mobile deployments.
- In addition to support, DSEs also communicate with and assist Ionic’s Product and Engineering teams to ensure developer needs are met across the board.
- If you enjoy an entrepreneurial environment where your opinion counts, and get motivated by jumping in and solving complex problems for developers, the DevOps Support Engineer position is for you.
- In your role as a DevOps Support Engineer, you’ll be measured on your ability to:
- Resolve tickets related to building, packaging and deploying applications
- Reproduce and validate Ionic software bugs submitted by clients
- Coordinate with engineering on resolution and work with leads to escalate by communicating client business impact
- Identify, aggregate and flag customer trends to PM (ex outage indicators, feature enhancements, etc)
- Proactively review customer usage and CI/CD setups to make strategic recommendations, increase adoption and introduce new features
Your areas of ownership will include:
- Become an expert in Ionic’s platform and Appflow (DevOps product) to enable and assist Ionic’s customers to build and deploy their own applications
- Respond to customers’ technical support requests and feature-related questions
- Proactively onboard Appflow customers and help them implement CI/CD flow in their unique CI/CD setup and environment
- Debug customer issues involving multiple platforms such as web, Android, and iOS, and create reproducible test cases for our engineering team to resolve
- Be resourceful and find innovative ways to resolve issues
- Contribute to Ionic’s product quality and roadmap. Share feedback and influence engineering, customer success, product management teams to improve customer experience
- Enhance documentation to minimize repeating customer inquiries. Contribute to knowledge base, document standards, processes, and procedures related to best practices
- Assist in planning and validation of Ionic’s product releases.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Ability to empathize with developers and interact with people at all levels throughout the customer’s organization
- Strong writing skills. Capable of explaining highly technical concepts in a concise and cogent manner.
- Continuous improvement mindset. Love to automate tasks and prepare for scaling work Experience with release automation practices
- Understanding of continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment techniques
- Familiar with with CI/CD engine tools (Jenkins, Azure DevOps), cloud providers (AWS, Azure), and database engine tools (ProstgresSQL, Aurora)
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines and capabilities.
- Comfortable with bash and working from the command line.
A big plus if you have (desired skills)….
- Understanding of front end web development with some experience debugging web and mobile apps
- Experience with troubleshooting, supporting and maintaining hybrid mobile applications (Cordova and Capacitor)
- Familiar with containers and container orchestration tools
- Familiar with Operating Systems (Windows and Linux) and Application Servers
- Understanding of communication protocols (TVP, HTTP/S), network topography (LAN, intranets), and authentication protocols (SAML, OAuth)
- Experience with developer support
- Experience with ZenDesk Workflows and Administration