ABOUT OUR CLIENT / ABOUT THIS ROLE
Medix is currently seeking an experienced Site Reliability Engineer for an exciting contract to hire opportunity with one of our top healthcare clients.
Our client is a large Healthcare Services organization serving Federal Government Agencies and the US Military. They are in the process of modernizing the technology platforms supporting all healthcare services, and are seeking an SRE to join the DevOps Team in providing escalated engineering support for production applications, hosted in an Azure Cloud environment.
Please note that because this role is working with US Federal Government Agencies, US Citizenship is required
Responsibilities for this Site Reliability Engineer will include:
- Working in an Azure public cloud environment, and eventually transitioning to a newly created Government Cloud.
- Setting up, managing and optimizing the infrastructure supporting multiple development teams / production applications.
- Developing Infrastructure as Code to automate environments – Terraform preferred, would also consider Cloud Formation, ARM Templates and /or Bicep
- Configuring Docker for packaging and distributing the containerized applications
- Configuring Kubernetes (AKS Preferred) for automated deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications.
- Investigating and resolving the escalated engineering issues for production workloads in a cloud environment
- Monitoring applications in production using tools like Dynatrace, Splunk and NewRelic to proactively assess application health
- Documenting best-processes and standards for knowledge-base
- Participating in an on-call rotation
- Required Bachelor Degree
- 7+ years of professional experience
- 3+ years recent experience working in a Public Cloud environment (Azure or AWS)
- Strong experience with IaC through Terraform, Cloud Formation, Bicep, etc.
- Strong experience configuring Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with production monitoring platforms such as Dynatrace, Splunk, New Relic, etc.