Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method. The roles in this function will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps.
These roles include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery. With every role in the company, each position has a requirement for building quality into every output. This also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways.
The DevOps Engineer position will Implement and maintain DevOps best practices. The position owns optimizing critical applications, infrastructure and operation stability. Responsibilities also include production support and cloud automations. Candidate with a strong desire to learn a multitude of technologies and programming languages with a can-do attitude will thrive in this role. The position requires problem-solvers able to work in a fast-paced, collaborative office environment alongside other engineers and developers.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Monitoring/Alerts/Dashboards Creation â€“ Splunk, Grafana, Kibana, Azure Monitoring
- CI/CD â€“ Implement and manage via Jenkins (Building Pipeline as a code and Approval Management)
- Implement DevSecOps â€“ Integrate Sonar, Fortify, Twistlock, other Security Scans and Azure security center
- Creation of Docker Containers and manage deployment to Kubernetes, Azure or OpenShift.
- Implement Infrastructure as a Code using Terraform
- Provide architecture guidance to the development and support team
- Implement Zero Downtime deployment and Disaster Recovery
- Maintain and Configure Azure Resources (Storage, V-Net/S-Net, Firewall API Gateway)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of direct work experience as a DevOps Engineer
- 2+ years of experience in setting alerts and monitoring
- 2+ years of experience with DevOps technology (Jenkins/Kubernetes/Helm/Azure/Maven/Google cloud)
- Experience working both independently and, in a team, Oriented, Collaborative environment is essential
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle and COSMOS DB and messaging technology like Kafka
- Testing tools like Cucumber/JEST and performance testing tools like BluJay/JMeter
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Azure certificationÂ
- Knowledge and exposure of Cloud application development and AI/ML
- Experience working with other tools such as: Docker, Open shift, Kubernetes and google AnthosÂ
- Hands-on knowledge of Kubernetes Deployment, Services, and ingress also including solutions like Scaling, self-healing, Secrets and configuration management