Employer: Action for the Climate Emergency
ACE’s Development Manager (DM) is an essential part of ACE’s Development team, leading all aspects of data management, data reporting, and gift processing for the team. The DM serves as a backbone, maintaining the Development Team infrastructure, pulling donor reports and analyzing data to support moves management for frontline fundraisers, and ensuring that donors are quickly, appropriately, and thoughtfully thanked for their gifts. The ASM reports to the Deputy Director of Philanthropy.
ACE’s annual fundraising budget for the fiscal year 2022 is $11.2M. The DM plays a critically important role to ensure the success of the full development team, working to support the full portfolio of individual and institutional donors. The DM leads 1) the Development Team’s database management, optimizing and maintaining the Salesforce CRM for data management to track prospected, incoming, and received giving, track donor communications from individual Development Team members, and ensure actions are tracked in ACE’s project management platform Monday.com; 2) data reporting and analysis through pulling reports from the CRM, collaborating across teams to create data dashboards for a visual view to track key data points, creating quarterly donor reports for ACE’s Board of Directors and monthly donor reports to support ACE’s financial reconciliation process; and 3) gift processing and acknowledgment to ensure that all gifts are correctly entered into the CRM and that the donor is quickly and thoughtfully acknowledged for their contribution to ACE’s work and impact.
The ASM will join a small, skilled Development team with strong leadership, support, and active fundraising led in partnership with the Executive Director. The DM will work closely with each member of the Development team. The DM will also work collaboratively with ACE’s prospecting consultants to generate donor reports and initial wealth screening; ACE’s finance team and finance consultant on revenue reconciliation; and ACE’s Associate Director of Digital Data to optimize the Salesforce CRM for Development and to create compelling dashboards for a snapshot of current fundraising activities. This is a fully remote position based anywhere in the United States, that will require consistent, frequent communication and collaboration with a fully remote team. This is a tech-forward role in a very tech-forward organization.
- Database Management (50%). Oversee and optimize the Development team’s data management systems including leading the Salesforce CRM and Monday.com project management platform.
- Strategize and optimize Salesforce CRM, including adding, deleting, or amending fields to improve reporting and dashboards.
- Advise across the Development team on improvements for Monday.com structure and ensure that frontline fundraisers are supported to keep tasks and moves up to date.
- Ensure that Salesforce data is accurate and up-to-date by directly entering data as well as supporting frontline fundraisers to update donor and donation data. Types of data include gift type, amount, stage of gift, relationship manager, solicitor, contact information, donor interests and capacity, and any donor communications and meeting notes
- Data Reporting & Analysis (30%). Generate and analyze reports and dashboards for revenue tracking and to optimize moves management for frontline fundraisers.
- Spearhead monthly revenue reconciliation process, creating monthly donor reports for review with Executive Director, Head of Philanthropy, Deputy Director of Philanthropy, and Head of HR & Operations and finalize send to ACE’s financial consultant along with backup documentation.
- Create quarterly donor reports for ACE’s Board of Directors.
- Work closely with the Digital Fundraising Manager to generate list segmentation, imports, and exports within ACE’s CRM (Salesforce) and Engaging Networks for email communications.
- Work closely with frontline fundraisers to develop invitation lists for online and in-person events.
- Collaborate with ACE’s Associate Director of Digital Data to create data dashboards to visually demonstrate ACE’s current actual-to-budget by portfolio and by gift stage, portfolio distribution by number of donors and amount of funding, and donor interactions by relationship manager.
- Regularly conduct basic wealth analysis on ACE’s donor base to identify potential mid-level and leadership-level donors, with an emphasis on first-time donors. Present reports weekly to the rest of the Development team for analysis, discussion, and portfolio assignment.
- Gift Processing & Acknowledgement (20%). Conduct gift data entry for all gifts received and ensure that all donors are thanked for their contribution in a timely and thoughtful manner.
- Lead process for timely gift acknowledgement, including updating templates, drafting letters to thank donors, and drafting email communications for frontline fundraisers to share with donors.
- Ensure that all gifts received via ACE’s website, check, or EFT are entered into ACE’s CRM accurately and in a timely manner.
- Integrate best practices for donor retention and renewal beginning with the gift acknowledgement and lead any new aspects folded into the existing process, including potentially welcome packets or small gifts for new or monthly donors.
Successful performance of job responsibilities will result in meeting or exceeding deliverables including:
- Ownership over ACE’s development systems
- Accurate data in CRM for increasing volume of donations
- Creation of development dashboards to accurately demonstrate YTD actuals to budget
- Creation of accurate, timely weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports
- Support for frontline fundraisers with wealth engine analysis
- Gift acknowledgments sent within two business days of notification of contribution
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas: advancement services, data management, or another applicable field for this position.
- Excellent technological skills, and fluency required OR ability to learn: Salesforce, Monday.com, Donor Search, Engaging Networks, Slack, Google Apps, Google Data Studio, Zoom, and other relevant programs as necessary.
- Appropriate attention to detail.
- Self-starter and eager to dive into improving and creating systems, with the flexibility to adapt to changing environments.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with thoroughness, accuracy, timeliness, and professionalism.
- Collaborative and communicative work style to work with colleagues in the Development team and across ACE.
- Understanding of fundraising basics and practices.
- Education: BA/BS preferred, but not required.
- Experience in Salesforce CRM is strongly preferred.
- Experience working in a non-profit setting.
- Professional certifications or training in Salesforce, database management, data reporting & analysis, fundraising basics, or related field(s)
- Experience managing a donor database for a similar-sized organization
- Excitement to bring new ideas to the table and engage others in data systems.
- Troubleshoots challenges with patience and creativity.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Analytical and strategic mindset.
- Ability to adapt as necessary to fulfill additional roles, responsibilities, and opportunities in development programming as necessary.
- Passion for ACE’s mission and our work to educate young people on climate science and empower them to take action.
- Commitment toward equity and justice in philanthropy.