Note from FlexJobs Staff: CampLife does not hire candidates from California, Colorado, or Nevada.
INVENTIVE DEVELOPER I
- Job Title: Developer I who loves learning as much as solving puzzles
- Pay Type: $50,000 to $60,000 per year
- Location: Virtual / Work from home
Besides making incredible software that helps park operators live their BEST lives, we commit to creating dependable relationships with our customers and each other.
You’ll be working on the bread and butter of CampLife. In this role you’ll help develop a product that makes the record keeping, financial, and reservation process so simple the campground owners can get back to doing what they do bestgetting outside and interacting with their guests, rather then spending all of their time behind a desk or on the phone. Designing intuitive, efficient systems that take the hassle out of the paperwork side of our customers’ business is your chef’s kiss. Plan on providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing. Update, design and implement architecture and features to dependably support current and future customers.
While the work is performed remotely, you may need to travel from time-to-time to attend CampLife meetings and events at various locations around the country.
Necessary Qualifications for the Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven work experience in object-oriented development (Java preferred)
- Experience developing web applications using at least one client-side web framework
- Object-oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Knowledge of relational databases, SQL, and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate, etc.)
- Experience in the Spring Framework preferred
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services infrastructure preferred
Fitting into the Culture
- Create dependable relationships with team members and other CampLife teams.
- Demonstrate a respect for others.
- Willing to share and learn together.
- Interest in building and maintaining a strong rapport with team members.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Willingness to work to understand customer challenges and dedication to creatively solving them.
- Analytical mindset.
- Innovative, willingness to think outside of the box.
- Well-organized and pays attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly gather pertinent details and learn on the job.
Drive for Results
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative and complete work independently.
- Resourcefulness to work on multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
Day-to-day Work Expectations
Design and implement software solutions in various programming languages.
- Write, document, test, and commit code.
- Conduct informal peer code reviews.
- Assist team members in development activities as needed.
Define application objectives and functionality in collaboration with software leads.
- Contribute to the refinement of the software development roadmap.
- Weigh various options to deliver needed functionality/solutions.
- Review customer feedback and resolutions in support tickets to identify areas for improvement.
- Review feature requests submitted by end users. Analyze and infer the root causes to identify potential solutions. Aggregate common requests together to avoid duplicate work.
- Collaborate with appropriate stakeholders to determine the best path forward to address functionality and improvement needs.
- Communicate scope changes, deadline changes, project obstacles, etc. to stakeholders.
Debug and resolve technical problems that arise.
- Assist the onboarding and customer success teams in the resolution of customer issues.
- Contribute to and serve in the hot seat’ to directly support customers as assigned.
- Research and resolve escalated support tickets.
- Assigned tickets marked as in-progress or complete as appropriate.
Contribute to the development of yourself and the team.
- Produce detailed design documentation.
- Document knowledge and share information with dev team members.
- Help others through team-coding.
- Stay up-to-speed on new software methods, technologies, and platforms that may add value at CampLife.
- Contribute to streamlining and updating development processes like build tools, code branching strategies, etc.
- Participate and engage in team meetings and activities.
Assist in maintaining and advancing our web-hosting solutions.
- Ideate and contribute to improvements to the software development stack.
- Monitor system activity and log files for problems.
- Assist in resolving server/infrastructure issues internally and with vendors.
Develop internal documentation for CampLife teams.
- Track work progress on open tickets and issues.
- Document the checklist of activities in tickets taken to resolve support issues.
- Add testing notes to tickets to help guide onboarding and customer support teams when troubleshooting issues.
Perform other duties and complete special projects as assigned.