- Do you want to be part of the mission and be part of an amazing fully remote team that is all about building a great product to help students succeed?
- Do you love driving the design process and staying connected to the latest standards and trends to deliver innovative solutions?
- Are you passionate about student success and making it possible for all students to receive the high-quality support they need?
All students deserve high-quality tutoring support to help them achieve their academic potential. Our mission is to enable equitable, high-quality, and cost-effective district managed tutoring for school districts of all sizes. You can be part of our unique SaaS start-up that integrates with schools’ existing tech infrastructure and instructional tools to enable school districts and other student-serving organizations to provide equitable access to high quality, flexible, and targeted student support. Through our Gate’s Foundation Grant , you will be able to help bring tutoring to those students that need it most.
What will you do as a Designer Manager?
Love to drive design? You will present and own conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually to Product and Engineering teammates as well as other important stakeholders
Are you passionate about solving complex problems? You will take several inputs and propose solutions that keep our users at the forefront of everything. You will also facilitate workshops, design sprints, and other collaborative sessions for your team.
Do you enjoy moving fast? You will collaborate across the organization, conduct research with customers, and help build solutions that solve some of our biggest problems.
What you will need to be successful here:
- BA/BS,or equivalent experience, in a design related discipline
- 4+ years experience in UX or product design
- 1+ years of experience managing a design team
- Ability to lead user research efforts
- Advanced knowledge of relevant software (Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects)
- Portfolio with a strong design point of view and depth of experience, including user-centered design methodologies, interaction flows, prototyping, high-fidelity screens and shipped products
- Experience and passion in managing a design system
- Holistic vision and appreciate design in various forms
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (e.g. Sales, Success, Product, and Engineering)
- Resourceful self-starter with creative problem-solving skills and ownership in team culture and results
- Desire to join a mission-driven team with a passion for improving education and making sure all students get the help they need to succeed
- Ability to lead by example in order to create a high-performance team based on best practices
- Relationship builder with excellent customer management skills
- A passion for Littera’s mission
What would be great to have:
- Experience in educational technology is a bonus
- Prior startup experience is a plus.