Design Lead (brand studio)
Please make sure you read the job description carefully. We would love to hear your thoughts about our design principles as part of your application.
Status is an organization building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3. We have been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 100+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe. We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.
Our organization is closely involved in a new community lead project, called Logos, and this role will enable you to focus on its development. Logos is a grassroots movement to provide trust-minimized, corruption resistant governing services and social institutions to underserved citizens. Logos’ infrastructure will provide a base for the provisioning of the next-generation of governing services and social institutions – paving the way to economic opportunities to those who need them most, whilst respecting basic human rights through the network’s design.
In order to promote the ideas behind Logos and its vision, we have created a brand studio called acid.info and you will be part of it. Acid.info is the studio and creative engine within the Logos DAO. Our mission is to build, and ensure, technologies and creativity that supports freedom, justice, and innovation for all people of the world.
There are multiple departments embedded within our studio; Future Lab for experimentations, Press engine for copywriting, editing and content, Hype Machine for marketing and PR and The factory for production. Your primary role will be mainly within The Factory and so helping with the production line for studio’s projects including the ones from other departments. As secondary role you are always welcome to contribute and engage with other departments incase you are interested.
As the Design Lead in the brand studio you will be responsible for leading and directing the design implementation of all projects in the studio. You will be leading a small group of designers who are working on multiple projects at the same time. The scope for our design team involves various mediums from branding assets to websites.
- You’ll lead a small team of designers and you’ll be responsible for the creation of marketing design collateral for your respective region
- You’ll help us to shape the DNA of the visual language, philosophy and identity of the studio as well as of all the ongoing projects
- You’ll design, direct and maintain design systems, design guidelines and more importantly the implementation of them throughout the studio and its projects
- You’ll manage and direct the development and maintenance of our brand portal
You ideally will have
- Extensive knowledge of designs tools suitable for everything from UX to (micro) interactions (e.g. Figma, Framer)
- Experience or interest in building experimental digital projects such as experimental publishing design, computational design, generative art or memes
- Authenticity in design and being able to staying away from design trends (especially trends in web3) and yet be able to adopt those styles if needed
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders to identify and design for user goals
- A strong alignment to our principles: https://status.im/about/#our-principles
Bonus points if
- You are comfortable working remotely and asynchronously
- You have experience working for an open source organisation
- You have experience in designing publishing mediums such as online readers, zines, books and online publishing platforms.
Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role. Just explain to us why in your cover letter
We are happy to pay in either 100% fiat or any mix of fiat and/or crypto. For more information regarding benefits at Status: https://people-ops.status.im/tag/perks/
- Interview with POps
- Interview with Creative Strategist
- Interview with Creative Director
- Interview with Co-founder
- Assessment (paid)
The steps may change along the way if we see it makes sense to adapt the interview stages, so please consider the above as a guideline.