At Amdocs, our purpose is to enrich lives and progress society. With our creativity and technology, we help make a better connected world. Amdocs and its 25,000 employees serve the top tier players in the communications and media industry, enabling next-generation experiences in 85 countries. Our cloud-native, open and dynamic portfolio of digital solutions, platforms and services brings greater choice, faster time to market and flexibility, to better meet the evolving needs of our customers as they drive growth, transform and take their business to the cloud. Listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market, Amdocs had revenue of $4.1 billion in fiscal 2019. For more information, visit Amdocs at http://www.amdocs.com
In one sentence
The DB administrator is handling physical and applicative database administration activities supporting end 2 end life cycle of product from database perspective
What will your job look like?
- You will support the following levels: Physical – responsible for the physical and technical oriented aspects e.g. storage, security, networking and more; Application – you will handle all application-related issues (e.g. queries, users, embedded SQL’s etc.)
- Ensure database resources are sized accurately and a design strategy is developed to make sure that the database is maintained at a healthy size.
- You will ensure availability and performance of multi database and application environments with very large volumes and sizes.
- You will perform routine DBA tasks like database maintenance, backups, recovery, table space management, upgrades, etc.
- You will execute periodic health checks for databases and recommend changes that should be executed in the production environment to ensure efficient performance.
- You will interact and work with multiple infra and IT teams as part of environment setup, maintenance and support
- You will work closely with developers, assist them with database structure design as of business needs (e.g. indexes, constraints, integrity)
All you need is…
- At least 3 years’ experience as a DBA in a large environment with Oracle 10g, 11g, 12g,RAC and ASM – database management and architecture
- Desirable experience : MSSQL 2005/8/12
- You will have the ability to work with Linux/Unix and Windows based OS Environment
- Experience in working with large scale projects and databases highly advantageous
- Extensive operation systems knowledge and network architecture knowledge
- Experience in working and configuration of storage (IBM/EMC/Netapp)
- Experience in operating within a sophisticated, multi-interface environment.
Why you will love this job:
- Drive growth by constantly looking for opportunities to bring more value to new and existing customers. Calling upon your superb communication skills and the ability to clearly translate business benefits that our service offerings provide.
- You will be a key member of a global, dynamic and highly collaborative team with various possibilities for personal and professional development
- Join us in our expanding organization, with ever growing opportunities for personal growth and one of the highest scores of employee engagement in Amdocs!
- We provide stellar benefits from health to dental to parental leave and even pet insurance!
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Amdocs is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to encouraging a diverse and inclusive workforce.