Employer: Oak Ridge Associated Universities – ORAU
To serve as an Oracle applications database administrator, focusing on the configuration management, security and routine maintenance for the Oracle systems. With general supervision, provide detailed analysis and troubleshooting support for all Oracle technical support analysts in the Corporate Business Applications (CBA) team. Participate in change management (upgrades, new technologies, changes required by the manufacturer, etc.).
- Assists with systems configuration, management, and support of Oracle based systems; Sunflower Property, Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI), and other enterprise applications. This includes regular maintenance, patches, and performance tuning as well as planning and implementing changes to the environments.
- Assist in the systems configuration, management, and support of other Oracle environments such as Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle RMAN. This includes regular maintenance, patches, and performance tuning as well as assistance in planning and implementing changes to the environments.
- Assist in diagnosing and resolution of application-related problems (i.e.: Framework errors, Workflow errors, application anomalies).
- Assist in exploring new technologies related to application usage in conjunction with CBA Support Analysts.
- Assist in development and maintenance of shell scripts for process automation.
- Following established processes, leads Quarterly Critical Patch Update review process for evaluating impact/probability of security fixes and implementing from test to production for any of the enterprise systems (EBS, OBIEE, Sunflower, RMAN).
- Participates and contributes in development and implementation plans business continuity and disaster recovery functions for Oracle products. This includes providing reliable, recoverable and scalable databases/computing environments to store and integrate all Oracle Applications company data.
- Serves as a team member of the Corporate Business Applications team for all Oracle environments. Work closely with relevant systems administrators responsible for the hardware platforms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and 2 to 4 years of job related experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience performing duties as described may be substituted for the minimum requirements.
Knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position include:
- Oracle Applications (eBusiness Suite) Administration (or similar environment).
- Ability to apply application and database patches.
- Troubleshoot application performance or errors.
- Work with Oracle Technical Support (My Oracle Support) or similar online support structure.
- Must have extensive experience in installing, cloning, patching and upgrading Oracle Database based applications.
- Must have thorough knowledge of Oracle Applications technologies.
- Understanding of toolsets used in administration and configuration of Oracle systems.
- Must have experience in Linux/Unix environments.