Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Join our mission to help every physician be more productive and provide better care for their patients. As medicine’s largest network in the United States, there’s an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. We don’t take that responsibility lightly and are committed to building diverse teams with an inclusive culture that can make a direct impact on the healthcare system.
One of Doximity’s core values is stretching ourselves. Even if you don’t check off all the boxes below we encourage you to apply. Doximity is full of exceptional people who bring their own unique experiences to work everyday and make us all better for it!
Data engineers on our data integration team are responsible for many of our foundational datasets powering our user-facing products. They collaborate with a variety of teams across the organization to shepherd data products in the right direction. Ultimately, data engineers on the data integration team take great interest in understanding how our data impacts our products – to drive the team’s data endeavors in directions that directly improve our products.
This role can be filled in our San Francisco headquarters OR remotely in the U.S.
How you’ll make an impact
- Collaborate with product managers and data engineers to develop data pipelines with the goal of creating or improving products through the use of our data
- Gain an understanding of Doximity’s data and proactively identify places where unused data can be integrated to add value
- Define how data should be structured to provide maximum value to downstream consumers
- Build, maintain, and scale data pipelines that empower Doximity’s products
- Establish data architecture processes and practices that can be scheduled, automated, replicated and serve as standards for other teams to leverage
- Work alongside others in planning and carrying out the implementation of solutions that are focused on enhancing products, leading one or two projects at any given time
What we’re looking for
- You have professional data engineering or operations experience with a focus on data pipelines and the data within those pipelines.
- You are fluent in Python and SQL.
- You have an interest in spending time understanding how our user-facing products operate to help find novel ways to create value from our data.
- You are no stranger to data warehousing (we use Snowflake) and designing data models.
- You are familiar with different types of data structures and what they mean for the data stored within them.
- You are foremost an engineer, making you passionate about high code quality, automated testing, and engineering best practices.
- You have the ability to self-manage, prioritize, and deliver functional solutions.
- You agree that concise and effective written and verbal communication is a must for a successful team.
Why you want to work here/Benefits/Perks
Doximity is proud to offer industry-leading benefits. Some of our offerings include:
- Medical, dental, vision offerings for you and your family
- 401k with matching program
- Stock Incentives
- Family building support, Childcare FSA, and parental leave
- Life, AD&D, and Disability
- Generous time off, holidays and paid company trips
- Plus many more!