Title: Data Engineer II
What you’ll do
In a few words
Abarca is igniting a revolution in healthcare. We built our company on the belief that with smarter technology we are redefining pharmacy benefits, but this is just the beginning.
As a key member of our Data Engineering team which implement methods to improve data reliability and quality, by combining raw information from different sources to create consistent and machine-readable formats. This is a very critical team that also develops and test architectures that enable data extraction and transformation for predictive or prescriptive modeling.
What would you be doing? You will be responsible for basic designs and the development and delivery of data solutions between operational systems and databases, Data Warehouse, downstream Data Marts as well as files. As a Data Engineer, you will implement optimized designs to meet the operational performance requirements for our solutions and products. This includes the implementation of architecture, following development standards.
The fundamentals for the job
- You will actively participate in the design, development and delivery of solutions using modern technologies, which will be used to move and transform as needed, large amounts of data from multiple sources into multiple destinations.
- Perform peer code reviews and make recommendations
- Provide operational support and maintenance.
- You will be encouraged to challenge and express your opinion of existing solutions and find Better Ways that will result in quality, improved and scalable solutions.
- You will participate in development and execution of unit and system test plans.
- You would translate complex business requirements into technical solutions.
- Ability to understand, interpret and translate business requirements into technical specs.
- Ability to guide and drive people at the technical level.
What you’re made of
The bold requirements
- Bachelor in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Technology, or related field. (In lieu of a degree, equivalent relevant work experience may be considered.)
- 3+ years of hands-on expertise designing high volume repeatable ETL/ELT processes in a Large Data Volume environment and developing complex data transformations.
- 3+ years of experience in database development, data modeling, and query optimization.
- You must be familiar with data warehouse and ETL/ELT concepts such as: dimensions and fact tables, loading and staging environments, database normalization levels and design patterns schema types.
- Technical knowledge of structured query language (ANSI-SQL, T-SQL or PL/SQL) and relational database management systems.
- Experience working with any major RDMS such as MSSQL, Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, etc.
- You should be customer-service oriented and have a knack for critical and analytical thinking.
- You must be able to work well in a fast-paced environment, and eager to learn.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, bilingual fluency English/Spanish is a nice to have but not required.
Nice to haves…
- Experience working Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) databases such as Azure Synapse, RedShift, SAP HANA is a plus, experience with Snowflake is a huge plus.
- Moderate understanding of programming, data warehouse and ETL/ELT concepts such as: star and snowflake schema, Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD) types, late arriving dimensions (LAD), junk dimensions, EDI standards, X12, ETL pipelines, deduplication, Data Lake, SDLC, Agile, Scrum and Kanban is a plus.
- Familiarity with ETL and data tools such as: SSIS, dbt, Matillion, Azure Data Factory, Informatica, Talend, Hadoop, Pentaho and AWS Glue it’s a plus.
- Experience in the healthcare industry and familiarity with its terminology is huge plus.
That something extra we d love to see
- Solution seeker
- Action for Bias
The above description is not intended to limit the scope of the job or to exclude other duties not mentioned. It is not a final set of specifications for the position. It’s simply meant to give readers an idea of what the role entails.
Abarca Health LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. Applicant must be a United States’ citizen. Abarca Health LLC does not this time currently sponsor employment visas
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.