Title: Data Engineer
Location: United States, Remote
It’s no surprise that 6sense is named a top workplace year after year we have industry-leading technology developed and taken to market by a world-class team. 6sense is Top Rated on Glassdoor with a 4.9/5 and our CEO Jason Zintak was recognized as the #1 CEO in the small & medium business category by Glassdoor’s 2021 Top CEO Employees Choice Awards.
In 2021, the company was recognized for having the Best Company for Diversity, Best Company for Women, Best CEO, Best Company Culture, Best Company Perks & Bene ts and Happiest Employees from the employee feedback platform Comparably. In addition, 6sense has also won several accolades that demonstrate its reputation as an employer of choice including the Glassdoor Best Place to Work (2022), TrustRadius Tech Cares (2021) and Inc. Best Workplaces (2022, 2021, 2020, 2019).
6sense reinvents the way organizations create, manage, and convert pipeline to revenue. The 6sense Revenue AI captures anonymous buying signals, predicts the right accounts to target at the ideal time, and recommends the channels and messages to boost revenue performance. Removing guesswork, friction and wasted sales effort, 6sense empowers sales, marketing, and customer success teams to signi cantly improve pipeline quality, accelerate sales velocity, increase conversion rates, and grow revenue predictably.
6sense is a Predictive Intelligence Engine that is reimagining how B2B companies do sales and marketing. It works with big data at scale, advanced machine learning and predictive modeling to find buyers and predict what they will purchase, when and how much.
6sense helps B2B marketing and sales organizations fully understand the complex ABM buyer journey. By combining intent signals from every channel with the industry’s most advanced AI predictive capabilities, it is finally possible to predict account demand and optimize demand generation in an ABM world. Equipped with the power of AI and the 6sense Demand Platform , marketing and sales professionals can uncover, prioritize and engage buyers to drive more revenue.
6sense is seeking a Data Engineer to become part of a team designing, developing, and deploying its customer centric applications.
A Data Engineer at 6sense will have the opportunity to
- Create, validate and maintain optimal data pipelines, assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Improving our current data pipelines i.e. improve their performance, remove redundancy, and figure out a way to test before v/s after to roll out.
- Debug any issues that arise from data pipelines especially performance issues.
- Experiment with new tools and new versions of hive/presto etc. etc.
Required qualifications and must have skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- 4+ years work experience showing growth as a Data Engineer.
- Strong hands-on experience with Big Data Platforms like Hadoop / Hive / Spark / Presto
- Experience with writing Hive / Presto UDFs in Java
- String experience in writing complex, optimized SQL queries across large data sets
- Experience with optimizing queries and underlying storage
- Comfortable with Unix / Linux command line
- BE/BTech/BS or equivalent
Nice to have Skills
- Used Key Value stores or noSQL databases
- Good understanding of docker and container platforms like Mesos and Kubernetes
- Security-first architecture approach
- Application benchmarking and optimization
- You can work independently as well as part of a team
- You take ownership of projects and drive them to conclusion
- You’re a good communicator and are capable of not just doing the work, but teaching others and explaining the why behind complicated technical decisions
- You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves: This role will evolve over time, and we’ll want you to evolve with it!
Every person in every role at 6sense owns a part of de ning the future of our industry-leading technology. You’ll join a team where curiosity is prized, no one’s satis ed with the status quo, and everyone’s all-in on the collective good.6sense is a place where difference-makers roll up their sleeves, take risks, act with integrity, and measure successby the value we create for our customers.
We want 6sense to be the best chapter of your career.
Feel part of something
You’ll be part of building tomorrow’s tech, revolutionizing how marketing and sales teams create, manage, and convert pipeline to revenue. And you’ll be seen and appreciated by co-workers who challenge you, cheer you on, and always have your back.
At 6sense, you’ll experience the passion from customers and colleagues alike for our market-leading vision, and you’re entrusted with applying your unique talents to help bring that vision to life.
Build a career
As part of a company on a rocketship trajectory, there’s no way around it: You’re going to experience unparalleled career growth. With colleagues as humble and hungry as you are, and a leadership philosophy grounded in trust, transparency, and empowerment, every day is a chance to improve on the one before.
Enjoy access to our Udemy Training Library with 5,000+ courses, give and get recognition from your coworkers, and spend time with our executive team every two weeks in our All Hands gathering to connect, learn and ask leaders about whatever is on your mind.
Enjoy work, and your life
This is a place where you’ll do your best work and inspire others to do theirs where you’re guaranteed to make realconnections, for life, along the way.
We want to help you prioritize health and wellness, today and tomorrow. Take advantage of family medical coverage; a monthly stipend to support your physical, mental, and nancial wellness; generous paid parental leave bene ts; Plus, we have an open time-off policy, so you can take the time you need.
Set for success
A vision as big as ours only comes to life when we’re all winning together.
We’ll make sure you have the equipment you need to work at home or in one of our o ces. And have the right snacks, pens or lighting with our work-from-home expense reimbursement allowance. We also partner with WeWork to make sure that if your choice is a hybrid of home and o ce, we have you covered in the locations they’re offered.
That’s the commitment we make to every one of our employees. If this sounds like a place where you’ll thrive as you take your success to the next level, let’s chat!
6sense is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.