Employer: Booz Allen Hamilton
- Do you want to work at the forefront of advanced technology and solve complex data challenges?
- You know that data yields pivotal insights when it’s gathered from disparate sources and organized.
- As a data engineer, you have the chance to develop and deploy the pipelines and platforms that make this data meaningful.
- What’s more, you’ll have the chance to help grow Booz Allen’s DataOps capabilities while working with a multi-disciplinary team of analysts, data engineers, data scientists, developers, and data consumers in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- We’re looking for someone like you to work with our clients and meet their mission.
- This is an opportunity to implement data engineering activities on some of the most mission-driven projects in the industry.
- You’ll have the chance to architect data systems, stand up data platforms, build out ETL pipelines, write custom code, interface with data stores, perform data ingestion, build data models.
- From sharing your skills in analytical exploration and examination of data to supporting the assessment, design, building, and maintenance of scalable platforms, you’ll work with our clients to solve their most pressing challenges.
- Ready to help drive innovation using cutting-edge data tools and techniques?
- This position is open to remote delivery anywhere within the U.S., to include the District of Columbia.
- Join us. The world can’t wait.
- Experience with creating software for retrieving, parsing, and processing structured and unstructured data using two programming languages, including C++, C#, Java, or Python
- Experience with querying databases to create reports or data extracts for visualizations or integrations
- Ability to design structured, unstructured, and semi-structured data models
- Ability to analyze data to generate synthetic data
- Secret clearance
- BA or BS degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with transaction processing systems and analytical systems, including batch processing, stream processing, or graph stream processing
- Knowledge of data indexing mechanisms
- Knowledge of various consistency models
- Ability to support project teams with scaling, monitoring, and operating data platforms for very high availability and performance
- MA or MS degree in Computer Science CIS, MIS, CE, or Engineering preferred; PhD degree in Computer Science CIS, MIS, CE, or Engineering a plus
- Approved baseline certification for IAT Level II
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
The proposed salary range for this position in Colorado is $60,000 to $95,000. Final salary will be determined based on various factors.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choice, and support your total well-being. Our comprehensive benefit offerings include healthcare, retirement plan, insurance programs, commuter program, employee assistance program, paid and unpaid leave programs, education assistance, and childcare benefits.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and we’re dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the chance to:
- access online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
- change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world’s premier data science for social good competition
- participate in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You’ll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.