Title: Data Analyst
Location: United States
At Modernize (a QuinStreet division) our mission is to simplify home improvement by inspiring motivated homeowners and connecting them with qualified contractors. Our foundation is based on 10 years as a driving force as Home Improvement Leads in online lead generation connecting homeowners with high quality contractors in the $300 billion annually grossing home improvement market. We’re working hard on a new brand and new products to cater to homeowners and the most successful contractors in the industry.
We’re looking for sharp, motivated individuals to join our growing team. Teammates who enjoy using technology to solve problems will thrive in our dynamic startup environment. We have an open floor plan that encourages the entire team to participate in critical discussions and allows everyone to be a vital contributing factor. You’ll enjoy our hip, newly renovated office in the heart of downtown with a view of the capital and the downtown skyline.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: As a company, we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and will continue to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
As a key member of the Strategic Marketing & Analytics team, you will be responsible for data-driven insights that enable QuinStreets Marketing and Media teams to maximize profitability while developing customer relationships. You will gather, organize, and aggregate complex sets of data in order to produce meaningful business insight in areas such as ad network optimization, ad merchandising, marketing performance, quality monitoring, partner development, product testing, and more. You will also communicate your insights and findings to various members of our Client, Media, Analytics, and Executive teams.
- Develop a deep understanding of the related data sources and leverage them to inform business decisions
- Develop a deep understanding of our analytical tools and the automation of business processes and decision-making
- Leverage diverse problem-solving strategies and balance multiple simultaneous efforts in a dynamic and high velocity environment
- Dive into business problems and analyze opportunities for growth
- You will be a locus for understanding advantages, weaknesses, and deploying creative approaches to analytical problems
- Communicate these insights in an effective and timely manner, responding to the analytical needs of the business, and delivering actionable plans for improving our business.
- 1-2 years of experience in an analytical role is required
- Inquisitive mindset that is willing to challenge the status quo and various stakeholders
- Ability to digest disparate datasets and visualize key trends or takeaways from raw datasets
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to synthesize key takeaways and present data-proven results
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills including abnormality detection, predictive analysis, market segmentation, and competitive analysis.
- Experience in using SQL with enterprise datasets is required
- Experience in R or Python is required
- Experience with Tableau or other related Business Intelligence Tool is required
- Experience with automation in an enterprise setting is a major place
Modernize (a QuinStreet division) is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by law.