Splash’s mission is to develop the most innovative event technology to help marketers reach and engage their target audiences. From simplifying event creation to capturing attendee insights and measuring event impact, Splash enables teams to efficiently scale event programs and connect event-driven engagement to business results. More than half of the Fortune 500 use Splash to streamline event marketing execution and optimize performance.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for an outstanding Data Analyst to help lead Data at Splash, which is responsible for providing wide-ranging analytical support and works on a daily basis with executive leadership. Your mission is to gain an understanding of our data, extract insights, and build data-driven narratives to shape decision-making at Splash. The right person for this role is passionate about communicating cross-functionally, turning business problems into data solutions, and assisting in the career growth of other team members.
Splash has embraced a remote first work environment, and we are now a fully distributed team across the United States, Canada, and Spain.
In this role, you’ll get to
- Build dashboards with Product, Marketing, Finance, and other internal stakeholders to provide insights and analysis
- Continue to build and expand our data warehouse and pull in new data sources
- Partner across departments to build, forecast, and report on metrics that facilitate decision making
- Define quarterly projects for the data team with a clear vision and strategy
- Design, develop, and launch extremely efficient and reliable data pipelines
- Create data products that bring intelligence into the Splash product
- Develop statistical models to better understand our users and the ways in which they are interacting with our product
On your first day we’ll expect you to have…
- 1+ years experience in a data heavy role working with SQL, and data visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, Sisense, etc.).
- Creative problem-solving skills with the ability to work on multiple cross-functional teams and projects simultaneously
- Strong working knowledge of and experience with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Outstanding communication skills when interacting with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Impeccable attention to detail
Not a deal breaker, but it’d be great if you had
- Experience with Python
- Familiarity with Airflow, Luigi, or other ETL tools
- Experience applying statistical and machine-learning techniques to building data products, solving practical product problems such as predicting churn, LTV, and clustering user archetypes.
- Experience putting machine learning models into production
What we offer and other fun stuff!
We’re taking a new and improved approach to compensation and the way we #takecare of our Splashers. An approach that makes a lot more sense in this remote world we live in and looking toward the future of work. You can read more here. In a nutshell, we offer
- Competitive base salary and stock options. Our success is your success
- Brand new MacBook Pro / Linux and monthly stipend for work-from-home expenses.
- Great healthcare benefits, with paid coverage for you and your family
- Unlimited vacation days, with Splash-specific days off and 2 extra Mental Escape (M.E.) days per month to unplug from work
- Remote first organization
- A bunch of other great perks/benefits that would make this description too long if we included it
It doesn’t stop there! Although we’re a remote company, we understand the importance of in-person connection. We have a yearly company offsite in New York (pending it being safe health-wise) and fun virtual events with the rest of your team and the company (IRL too when it’s safe!).