The Customer Support team provides customer service and technical support by empowering customers to accomplish what they need to set them up for success. The Customer Support Technician holds responsibility for reactive technical support requests for the company. The Customer Support Technician’s role is to field and answer technical support requests efficiently and accurately. Our technicians are world-class customer support professionals that are constantly deepening their knowledge of the software and honing the skills required to help customers resolve their problems.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Help customers resolve their technical issues over the phone, email and messenger.
- Provide a world-class support experience for our customers by embodying a helpful, friendly, and empathetic attitude.
- Develop expertise in the NationBuilder platform and working proficiency in email deliverability, DNS and theme by leveraging internal tools, such as Sendgrid, and DNS Made Easy.
- Manage a high volume of emails and phone calls with a positive, professional, and helpful attitude.
- Document and troubleshoot product issues on the platform using our internal reporting tools.
- Monitor and review customer account user submitted content for pernicious activity using internal tools.
- Stay abreast of new NationBuilder product features and improvements.
- Identify and clearly report customer issues to other teams as appropriate within NationBuilder.
- Support the rest of the company on cross-functional issues when required.
Required areas of expertise and knowledge:
- Someone known among friends and family for being helpful.
- Someone who exudes empathy, is calm under pressure, and has a can-do attitude.
- Someone with strong reading-comprehension and listening skills, with the ability to identify the root of a customer’s need.
- Someone who relishes working in an open and collaborative environment.
- An excellent communicator on the phone and through email. Someone with excellent grammar and spelling skills, and fast, accurate typing.
- A voracious learner, constantly curious about how things work.
- At ease fielding technical questions and relentless when it comes to finding answers.
- Comfortable using tools such as Slack, Intercom and Google Docs on a daily basis.
- Willing to work weekend shifts.
- Experience with HTML and CSS, and an ability to troubleshoot website issues.
- Preferably, someone experienced in customer-facing service, such as retail, hospitality, online support, etc.
Compensation: The customer support technician role pays hourly at the rate of $22/hour.