Employer: Thermo Fisher Scientific
How will you make an impact?
The Customer Data Management team is looking for a strong Data Analyst to: Participate in the efforts to improve customer data quality. The Data Analyst will gather disparate data from various data sources; perform analysis on customer information and identify / verify duplicate customer records. Collaborate with customer care, sales operation, account managers, regional data stewards and marketing teams to verify and update customer information. Make necessary updates to customer information via Excel, a custom web application, CRM, and ERP systems. Their duties are, but not limited to, cleansing account data, cleansing mismatch customer hierarchies, and reviewing/ cleansing potential duplicate contacts. The ideal candidate will have a passion to understand, develop, improve, and streamline data through a strong understanding of data management tools and processes.
This position is a remote US role reporting into the Commercial Data Management Senior Manager, who is based in Grand Island, NY.
What will you do?
- Successfully influence, interact and manage internal and external partners/stakeholders
- Will also be responsible for building out initial and ongoing process development, planning & execution
- Gather, compile, analyze and reconcile data from disparate sources and ensure data integrity across all sources and outputs of data
- Define and maintain cross references between data sources to aid in normalizing data to incorporate into centralized repositories
- Drive standardization and consistency for all regions
- Document data flow, processes and procedures for managing data sources and consolidation
- Compile tracking and metrics management
How will you get here?
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 2-4 years data analysis experience
- Analytical skills with attention to detail, excellent interpersonal skills and strong teamwork, work ethic and organizational skills
- Demonstrate strong experience of data capturing, extraction and analysis expertise
- Proficient in MS Office Applications, Excel including macros and relational databases
- Experience with CRM applications such as Sales Force and Business Intelligence applications such as Cognos and Power BI
- Working knowledge of SAP and Oracle JD Edwards Enterprise One (E1) software preferred
- Strong communication skills both written and spoken are a requirement
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with team members, but also comfortable working independently
- Must be able to develop and maintain documentation to our standards / provide feedback on standards where they can be improved
- Create the necessary infrastructure and processes to manage testing/evaluation functions for quality assurance