Employer: Armstrong World Industries, Inc.
Location: Work from home position located in the Eastern United States
What does it mean to work at Armstrong?
It means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you as a key player in Armstrong’s future. We are a large company with a local feel, where you will get to know and collaborate with leadership and your colleagues across the company.
By joining us, you’ll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. Alongside a competitive remuneration package, you will receive:
- A benefits package including: medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, 401k match, long-term disability coverage, vacation and sick time, product discount programs and many more.
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests.
- A casual work environment where we have a recognition program for our team, and service awards. You will also be able to make the most of our fitness center and lunchtime cafe.
- A working culture that balances individual achievement with teamwork and collaboration. We draw on each other’s strengths and allow for different work styles to build engagement and satisfaction to deliver results.
As our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Technical Analyst, you will be responsible for participating in a variety of analytical and technical assignments, problems diagnosis and solutions, documentation, implementation, administration, support, and maintenance on a variety of software and network products in an information technology environment.
You will primarily be focused on project-based work leading to the development and deployment of new services.
What you’ll be doing:.
- Manages, builds, and maintains processes in the Saleforce.com CRM cloud platform, supporting sales, service, and marketing processes.
- Leads/participates in the design, development and enhancement of business specific custom and standard applications.
- Leads/participates in requirements gathering to provide technical guidance on systems options and solutions.
- Leads/participates in the configuration/development changes in the CRM environment (e.g., writes functional specifications, performs and/or coordinates testing, obtains customer approvals and supporting documentation and supports promotion of code/configuration to production) to meet the company’s business objectives.
- Manages/coordinates medium and small systems or business projects.
- Supports, researches, analyzes, develops and documents new and existing processes, procedures, and solutions to meet business needs.
- Supports the development and management of relationships with vendors in concert with manager and Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) process.
- Leads/participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of best-practice standards, policies, procedures, and associated training plans to ensure optimal daily operations are maintained.
- Leads/participates in integrated systems planning and recommends new or different technologies which will enhance current systems and support overall corporate and business goals.
- Establishes/maintains lines of communication with stakeholders with a view to keeping all parties informed of incidents, problems, and resolution.
- Provides technical consultation to business partners and IT management to ensure development of efficient infrastructure utilizing established standards, procedures, and methodologies.
- Assists in the recruitment and selection of project resources, as required.
- Works collaboratively with management and colleagues to identify and prioritize projects in the portfolio associated with the maintenance of existing systems, development and implementation of new systems, resolution of more complex problems and the evaluation of emergent technologies through developing business cases that include options, recommendation, cost/benefit, and risk analysis.
- Researches and evaluates new and/or alternative solutions and technologies to enhance operational effectiveness and reduce costs.
- Assists managers, architects and analysts in the creation and maintenance of multi-year functional roadmaps for assigned disciplines.
- Contributes to the development of tactics, planning and execution of initiatives to support IT services.
- Maintains technical documentation and process topology to ensure alignment between the business strategies and the technology roadmap.
- Serves as analyst and developer on projects to extend, enhance, and create new capabilities in areas of specialization.
- Works within system development life cycle methodologies including Agile.
- Provides estimates for new project work.
- Develops understanding of relevant business process. Provides analysis relative to process improvement with consideration to industry and system best practices.
- Provides support and maintenance for assigned areas.
- Drives continuous process improvement related to operational aspects the environments.
What will make you successful:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in systems development.
- Salesforce.com development experience, including Apex classes and triggers and Visual Force.
- Proficiency with Microsoft SQL server (3+ years), including queries, stored procedures, and triggers.
- Ability to design and develop integrated processes associated with Account and Contact Management, Opportunity Management, Price Management, Case Management, Contact Centers and Marketing Fulfillment processes, including customer-facing user experiences.
- Ability to translate technical details in business language.
- Ability to build relationships and willingness to communicate with customer groups.
- Statistical, analytical, and problem-solving ability in estimating the financial impact of application and business process alternatives.
- Broad working knowledge of infrastructure support principles.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and share strategy, vision and direction and to embrace and facilitate change
- Working knowledge of a DBMS and data structures.
- Ability to leverage existing resources to maximize technology investments.
- Intellectual curiosity supported by strong listening and needs assessment skills; ability to identify root issues versus symptoms
- Working knowledge of technology architecture preferred in a manufacturing environment
- Certification in either a process discipline (ITIL, PMI, Six Sigma) or technical discipline (SAP, Data Warehousing)
- Salesforce certifications to include: Salesforce Certified Administrator, Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator, Salesforce Certified User Experience Designer and/or Salesforce Certified Platform Developer
Why should you join Armstrong World Industries?
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) is a leader in the design and manufacture of innovative commercial and residential ceiling, wall and suspension system solutions in the Americas. With approximately $1B in revenue, AWI has about 2,500 employees and a manufacturing network of twelve facilities.
At home, at work, in healthcare facilities, classrooms, stores, or restaurants, we offer interior solutions that help to enhance comfort, save time, improve building efficiency and overall performance, and create beautiful spaces.
For more than 150 years, we have built our business on trust and integrity. It set us apart then, and it sets us apart now, along with our ability to collaborate with and innovate for the people we’re here to serve – our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our employees.
We are committed to developing new and sustainable ceiling solutions, with design and performance possibilities that make a positive difference in spaces where we live, work, learn, heal and play. It’s an exciting, rewarding business to be in, and we’re committed to continue to grow and prosper for the benefit of all of our stakeholders. We hope you join us.
Our Sustainability Ambition
“Bringing our Purpose to Life” – lead a transformation in the design and building of spaces fit for today and tomorrow.
We are committed to:
- Engaging a diverse, purpose-driven workforce;
- Transforming buildings from structures that shelter into structures that serve and preserve the health and well-being of people and planet;
- Pursuing sustainable, innovative solutions for spaces where we live, work, learn heal and play;
- Being a catalyst for change with all of our stakeholders; and
- Making a positive difference in the environments and communities we impact.
Lancaster, PA. A great central location in South Central Pennsylvania, Lancaster is ideally situated for easy access to major metropolitan cities such as Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington DC, and New York City. Lancaster offers a vibrant arts and entertainment community with wonderful historic sites, B&Bs, museums, great shopping, entertainment venues and restaurants.