Title: Creative Lead, Design
Location: United States-Remote
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The community you will join:
Marcom is a multi-disciplinary creative team within Airbnb’s Marketing group, spanning visual design, brand identity, copywriting, art direction, motion and interactive. In partnership with Advertising and Product Design, we are stewards of the brand whose objective is to help current and future guests and Hosts understand what Airbnb offers, and why it’s meaningful in their lives.
The difference you will make:
We are looking for a Creative Lead who can ensure creative excellence on our Brand Experience team. Their responsibilities will include concepting, visual design, and direction for launch events, in-product brand creative, mission and values initiatives, as well as the occasional CEO and Executive special projects.
This role will report to the Group Creative Director, Brand Experience and be fully remote based in the U.S. (see below for approved locations). Candidates must demonstrate the ability to lead a creative process from its strategic start to its executional finish, and will have a strong track record of developing breakthrough platform ideas, managing and directing creative talent, and being hands-on at all phases of the project.
A typical day:
- Hands-on execution of world-class communications from strategy and concept to point and pixel perfect artwork.
- Reviewing, providing constructive feedback to peers and more junior team members across multiple disciplines: visual design, copywriting, art direction, motion graphics and interactive.
- Champion the craft of design and visual storytelling, and help elevate them throughout the department’s output.
- Partner with Interactive and Campaign Creative to ensure the brand’s creative direction and voice is consistent across all touchpoints.
- Collaborate with various departments, producers, program managers, photographers and illustrators to achieve the finished product on time and on budget.
- Support external creative and production agencies to execute work that is of the highest quality and consistency.
- Train and mentor junior team members.
- Champion Airbnb’s mission of connection and belonging at every step. Be a guardian for Airbnb’s values of inclusivity, diversity, and acceptance.
- 8+ years experience overall within a creative agency or in-house at a leading brand.
- A diverse portfolio of integrated and innovative communications work.
- A passion for the craft of their discipline, and for being hands-on with teams and the work.
- Strong presentation skills, with an ability to convey complex concepts in compellingly simple terms.
- Skilled in multitasking to manage a high volume of creativity and content.
- A willingness to collaborate and debate with strong creative thinkers, at all levels, in all corners of the company from junior creatives to business leads to the CEO.