Chicago, IL, United States, Los Angeles, CA, United States, New York, NY, United States, Remote , San Francisco, CA, United States, Seattle
Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Proximity, Places, Places API, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions â€” those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the role:
The ideal candidate is someone who can wear a Creative Director hat and Creative Operations hat simultaneously. They are a strategic leader and manager who can roll their sleeves up and design and execute inspiring multimedia campaigns across internal and external audiences — whether employees, partners or current and prospective clients. But they are also strong on the creative operations side of the house, knowing when to tap into their network of resources and bring on contractors or freelancers to help push their strategy forward. This person is equal parts problem solver, delegator and creator, and is always looking for ways to work smarter, not harder.
Foursquare is a fast paced environment where the need to deliver and meet deadlines is something this person thrives under. They can translate digital products (such as data or location) into compelling visuals and stories that are easy to understand. This role is focused on the B2B side of Foursquare so they love B2B as much if not more than B2C.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Build a robust team of freelancers, contractors and agencies that can execute on your design vision.
- Plan for, coordinate, and facilitate meetings with staff and partners to gather feedback, make decisions, and determine next steps. This role is more than design, it’s being able to think of and execute processes to make your team successful.
- Ideating and creating strong and effective ideas for a range digital marketing materials including responsive design websites, landing pages, online video and emails.
- Does not need to be an expert in UX or UI, but can execute some amazing web designs and pages.
- Create and execute B2B social and digital campaigns that extend to trade show booths.
- Create branded collateral including logos, promotion graphics, one sheets, and onsite brochures.
- Develop and design sales collateral, with an eye toward providing bespoke presentations within the context of the company’s brand; translate ideas and product strategy into a Foursquare narrative.
- Establish the Foursquare brand, fleshing out our brand book and guidelines.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in design or a related field, and/or 8 or more years of relevant design experience leading multi-disciplinary design teams to solve complex design problems
- Experience leading design teams focused on B2B domains
- Project Management or Creative Operations experience (or love of) is a must
- Previous roles in Advertising or Graphic Design, a portfolio of ideas and executions demonstrating strong layout and composition with a keen eye for typography and motion
- A professional-level mastery of industry standard design software and tools ; Proficient in keynote and Google Slides
- Production experience in art direction and design for video, digital and social platforms
- You don’t need to know how to execute it all, but you need to know the people that can! Deep contacts with freelancer, contractors and agencies that they can tap into quickly
- Must have executed B2B digital campaigns
- Must have designed trade booths
- Experience running a small team
- Experience designing a B2B website a must
Perks and benefits:
- Learning and development programs from ICs to managers
- Individual, professional coaching for all full-time employees
- Flexible time off – rest and recharge when you need it!
- Comprehensive and competitive health, vision, dental, life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Home office setup: you get all necessary hardware and internet reimbursement
- Family planning programs via Carrot and Maven
- Employee Resource Groups to help you stay connected
- And much more!
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.