Location: US National; Canada
Who We Are
At Osmosis, we believe that everyone who cares for someone can learn by Osmosis. Our global team’s mission is to empower clinicians and caregivers with the best learning experience possible, increase healthcare capacity, and ultimately improve patient outcomes. In 2021, Osmosis partnered with Elsevier – the world’s leading publisher. This combined partnership will help us reach our goal of educating a billion people by 2025. Together, we are creating a more caring world by developing the most caring people.
What You’ll Do
This is a remote, independent contractor position. The creative designer provides imagery for use by the Marketing and Operations teams. Many of these visuals are used primarily to engage learners with the Osmosis platform and therefore must be eye-catching, accessible, and adhere to the Osmosis style. The successful designer will be able to produce content consistently, accurately, within the constraints of our in-house style on a week-to-week basis.
The deliverables for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Design visuals in our unique style for a variety of topics from prompt descriptions using design/illustration software (specifically Affinity Designer).
- Complete all requests on time & the goal of 100+ completed Marketing designs per quarter.
- Work from templates and our large image asset library to quickly assemble social media imagery, sales ads, email banners, mugs, and other quick turn-around requests.
- Receive and apply feedback to improve style, tone, and voice, often involving multiple drafts and revisions.
- Follow all workflow standards and file archival protocols.
- Proactively communicate project statuses and issues.
What You Bring:
- Strong design skills as demonstrated by satisfactory completion of a sample project and a portfolio with examples of graphic design that shows a keen eye for structural hierarchy, clarity of information, and attention to detail.
- Preferred – Strong illustration skills, as demonstrated by a portfolio with examples of digital illustration that show knowledge of composition, color theory, and a range of styles.
- Preferred – Strong interest or background in the life sciences and/or medicine, with an emphasis on physiologic and biologic principles and mechanisms.
- Strong experience with graphic design software (e.g. vector- and raster-based software)
- Experience working on marketing, brand alignment, content, and/or communications projects.
How You Work:
- Proven history of working on your own, while operating within a fast-paced team environment that is deeply metrics and performance-based.
- Skilled in time-management, in order to effectively multi-task and prioritize projects from multiple stakeholders.
- Acute attention to detail, to handle information accurately and in an organized manner.
- Open to receiving and incorporating feedback quickly and positively.
- Mission- and Value-Aligned. You resonate with our organizational values. You are motivated to help us achieve our common goals and vision!
- Caring Communicator. You know the importance of clear, thoughtful communication in a fully distributed environment.
- Adaptable. You are flexible, open-minded, and adjust quickly to changing projects, goals, and strategies.
- Proactive. You anticipate challenges, problem-solve with your teammates, and seek out new ways to improve project processes. You don’t wait for someone else to pick up the slack.
- Reliable. You hold yourself accountable and take ownership for mistakes. You are comfortable working in an entirely virtual environment.
- Entrepreneurial. You are a proven executor and work with urgency to produce excellent project results with limited time and resources.
This is a remote independent contractor position (North America based preferred)