Title: Corporate Events Specialist
Location: United States (Remote)
Who We Are
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see what’s not ordinarily possible, and the ability to collect intelligence from vantage points as diverse and global as the Internet. As organizations depend on cloud services, the Internet has become their defacto network connecting cloud applications to users. Our Internet and cloud intelligence platform is like a Google maps of the Internet’, providing the only collectively powered view of digital experiences end-to-end. We enable our customers made up of the world’s largest and fastest-growing brands, to identify problems before they impact revenue, brand reputation, or employee productivity.
In August 2020, Cisco Systems completed the acquisition of ThousandEyes, which now forms the ThousandEyes Business Unit within Cisco’s Network Services Business Group, and is a foundational component of Cisco’s growing Observability business.
ThousandEyes is seeking an Event Marketing Manager who will be responsible for supporting the rapidly growing ThousandEyes Corporate Event Marketing program! This role will be responsible for the logistics for in-person and virtual programs. The emphasis of this role is being highly organized and hands-on to effectively support the execution of events to drive results.
The successful candidate will be comfortable working with the ThousandEyes Exec team, broader ThousandEyes Marketing team, Cisco Global Events team and other Cisco business units. You will have experience with supporting and executing highly successful events while working closely with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment.
This position reports to the ThousandEyes Sr. Event Marketing Manager and offers excellent opportunities for growth and increased responsibilities based on performance and company momentum.
- Oversee event and tradeshow management from conception through post-event review; manage on-site preparations, production, and event breakdown; and ensure consistent, high-level service throughout all phases
- Nurture and build relationships with vendors, venues, and other industry contacts while crafting and implementing the creative and logistical aspects of all events
- Manage and train on-site event staff
- Remain current (or ahead of the curve) with trends in event planning, design, and production, and proactively identify and solve operational challenges
- Ability to work smart under pressure and efficiently on multiple project requests simultaneously, and to deal with potential for tight deadlines and unexpected complexities
- Manage post-program deliverables, including event analysis, reports of budget, attendee feedback
- Be a proactive team member across ThousandEyes by collaborating closely with all teams particularly with the Executive team, Product, Product Marketing, Sales & Creative team
- Collaborate closely with Cisco’s Global Events team to ensure alignment across events
- 3+ years of marketing experience and tradeshow management, with desire to grow within the Corporate Events Marketing organization
- Hyper organized, with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and execute against a plan
- Experience managing marketing event budgets and third party vendor relationships
- Self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative and high-growth environment
- Working knowledge of SFDC and reporting tools
- Calm under pressure with a go getter attitude to do whatever it takes to make the event successful on site
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and assist with loading/unloading shipments for onsite events
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Occasional travel to support Corporate events 20% (Domestic and International)