Carewell envisions a world where informal caregivers find the support and convenience they need, allowing them to maintain a sense of normalcy, to live happier and healthier lives, and to spend more quality time with the people they love – in comfort, with confidence.
We are bringing this world about through always-on advice, expertly-vetted products, trusted partnerships and helpful resources designed to empower families and afford everyone the opportunity to age gracefully in-place.
The Importance of hiring a Content Strategist
Carewell’s Content Strategist will report into the Head of Content and deliver compelling, factually accurate, and accessible content to all company channels. We require an entrepreneurial content producer with digital media experience to join our multidisciplinary team, as we strengthen and scale our content strategy toward caregiving in the home healthcare space. From conceptualizing overarching themes to producing granular elements, you are an essential voice and partner, bringing a high level of diligence, organization, and excellence to a fast-paced, rewarding environment.
Carewell.com is visited by >500k people each month. These consumers are seeking products and advice related to caring for themselves or a loved one. Often they are “informal”, meaning they have jobs, families and other responsibilities requiring much time and attention. Our goal is to lessen the burden of caring for the ones we love by leveraging our considerable knowledge of care plans, products and services to anticipate REAL NEEDS. We must devise fit-for-purpose solutions that deliver unique value to our consumers sensing and responding efficiently and effectively.
This is a UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY to join a well-funded, fast-growing startup as a foundational team member. Your responsibilities, resources, and compensation will reflect that. We expect you to bring 3-5 years of relevant experience, exceptional soft skills and both understanding and appreciation for the hard skills required to build the right things, the right way. More importantly though: we expect you to dive-in everyday, to love and live this mission with us, to do your life’s best work and to build pathways for others to do theirs!
Here’s what we’ll want you to do…
- Deliver education and service to caregivers through optimized content
- Maintain transparent content tracking and production systems
- Identify best-in-class content trends and pitch new contributors
- Stay on top of healthcare industry news and innovation
- Collaborate with both internal stakeholders and outside contributors
- Groom and process content as needed
You’ll be responsible for driving …
- Subscribers to newsletter
- Organic traffic
- Social media following
We think this means you probably have…
- 3-5 years experience writing for digital, retail or ecommerce
- Excellent communication skills and a proactive approach to producing quality content
- Deep curiosity, a collaborative mindset, and an openness to feedback
- Experience working in a fast-paced setting to quickly meet multiple shifting deadlines
- Well-versed in digital, SEO and social media best practices
- BA in English, Journalism, Advertising or related field
- Experience using Airtable and other content management systems
- Experience in caregiving or healthcare a plus
- Experience providing care
- Knowledge of clinical or medical terminology and settings
- Experience in service-related work
- Experience in technical writing
- Interest in disability rights, healthcare, medicine, and patient advocacy
- Fluency in Spanish
What we’ll offer you…
- The opportunity to be a founding team member of a fast-growing startup
- Competitive compensation along with health, dental, and vision insurance
- The ability to work 100% remotely
- Federal holidays off + generous vacation time
- A steady stream of feels as we hear daily from highly-satisfied customers
- A fun, diverse, and entrepreneurial team focused on greatness
- Employee discount
- Passionate, mission-driven co-workers who are dedicated to improving caregivers’ lives
- The opportunity to make an appreciable difference in the lives of millions of people in need of support and otherwise left to figure things out, alone
Want to learn more about us? Check out recent awards and features at our Carewell Newsroom.
Carewell’s mission is centered around creating a better world for care. We believe having diverse and inclusive teams is an integral part of carrying out that mission.
Our increasingly diverse world is faced with complex care challenges that can best be solved through a diverse and inclusive workforce, community of partners, and stakeholders.
Carewell is committed to equal opportunity, and we welcome and encourage all walks of life to come learn, grow, collaborate, and create a better world for care with us.