We’re TeeTurtle, a rapidly growing eCommerce/consumer products company that creates nerdy toys, games, apparel, and accessories. We are looking for a talented Content Manager to create and curate copy, images, videos, and other content that can be used in marketing efforts to excite customers and drive TeeTurtle’s success. This role is a full-time, exempt position and reports to the Director of Marketing. This role supervises the Technical & Creative Copywriter.
The ideal candidate is a creative thinker, an exceptional communicator, and is bursting with ideas to help our brands engage with customers in an entertaining and authentic way. They love collaborating with other team members to create extraordinary outcomes. They are able to tackle a new project with little direction and see it through to the very end. They have a knack for understanding the customer’s point of view, and an eye for engaging content, and they use that knowledge to create and guide content to delight TeeTurtle fans.
- Maintain a bank of user-generated content to use on social in order to highlight the high level of fan excitement around our products;
- Brainstorm and lead the creation of lifestyle graphics and video content to use on social and in other marketing materials so that we have a variety of fresh content to support marketing initiatives;
- Work with Brand Innovation & Social Media Manager to create new social content, so the content calendar is robust and social media goals are met;
- Work with the art and graphics teams to request and approve content for marketing use, using sketches and descriptions to clearly illustrate needs so that new concepts perfectly reflect the desired vision;
- Create new content for marketing use, as needed, to ensure the marketing team has a generous selection of their required assets;
- Review current graphics and suggest improvements based on performance and competitor trends to ensure the brand stays relevant in the ever-changing online world;
- Work with Technical & Creative Copywriter to create press releases that help us promote our Public Relations strategy as set by the Brand Innovation & Social Media Manager in order to drive new initiatives and awareness of our brand;
- Review and approve daily release copy, to ensure that each piece of copy speaks to the intended audience;
- Review and approve copy for the sales team to ensure that each piece of copy highlights all key promotional details;
- Manage the process of creating names for games and other new products by working with the Technical & Creative Copywriter and Brand Managers to ensure that each name matches the intended product goals and vision;
- Understand each brand’s audience deeply and give feedback to all internal teams in order to keep all content authentic to each different audience;
- Provide feedback and guide research to ensure the team keeps up with trends and updates to each audience;
- Oversee larger content projects, as needed, by using on-staff or hired talent in order to achieve all project goals;
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or related field preferred;
- Experience in graphic design, photography, or videography preferred;
- Tactical understanding of all primary social media platforms;
- Strong understanding of writing in the voice of a brand;
- Strong copywriting and editing skills;
- Ability to understand and adhere to brand guidelines across multiple different brands;
- Ability to come up with fun and engaging content;
- Comfort working within deadlines and quick schedules;
- Experience working in a hypergrowth environment with unexpected and last-minute changes;
- U.S. residency required.
Pay Range: $60,000 – $80,000
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and potential to receive an annual performance-based bonus;
- Generous PTO policy to provide you flexibility and work-life balance;
- 401(k) with a company match;
- Defined contribution health plan that can cover the full cost of an employee-only medical plan, or be used toward other employee-only or family benefits such as medical, dental, vision, pet insurance, and so much more;
- 75% employee discount on TeeTurtle.com and UnstableGames.com;
- Optional education assistance;
- A creative and fast-paced work environment;
- A culture of integrity, compassion, and curiosity.