If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year and helps them lead better lives, join us!
Codecademy is looking for a knowledgeable programmer or instructor to help write content for Cybersecurity for Codecademy for Business. The Content Contributor works directly with the Codecademy Curriculum team to author interactive lessons, quizzes, and projects to help turn a high-level syllabus into reality. This is a paid, remote, contract position with a commitment of 10-30 hours per week.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Create interactive articles that demystify seemingly complicated cybersecurity topics.
- Think pedagogically to break down technical concepts into digestible components.
- Meet weekly with a Curriculum Developer and Subject Matter Expert to answer questions, clarify feedback, and check in on project progress.
- Create assessments that check for understanding of the concepts taught.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 3+ years of experience as a cybersecurity professional
- Knowledge of the following topics:
- Employee Security Awareness Training
- Employee and User Account Policies
- Access Control Models
- Incident Response Playbooks
- Blockchain Basics
- Virtual Private Networks
- Third-Party Risk Management
- Creating a Cybersecurity Team
- Experience with technical writing
- A strong command of written and spoken English
- An ability to produce educational writing that requires very little editing
- An ability and willingness to integrate feedback from Curriculum Developers and other cybersecurity subject matter experts
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience in both programming/security and education
- Experience teaching cybersecurity in an academic or professional setting
- Experience writing educational content that reaches a wide audience in a digital format
- Experience using the Codecademy platform
This is a part-time, remote position. You can expect anywhere from ~10-30 hours of work per week, with the freedom to work wherever and at whatever times you want.
**At this time, we can only accept applicants that are over the age of 18 and are currently located in one of the following states: CA, FL, GA, IL, MD, MA, MI, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TN, TX, VA and WA.**