Compliance Strategies and Initiatives Manager
United States /
At Anchorage we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.
Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions. With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.
We are a remote-first, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in San Francisco, New York City, Indianapolis, Sioux Falls, Porto, and Singapore.
The Compliance Strategies and Initiatives team plays a critical role in shaping risk and compliance at Anchorage. We are trailblazers in creating compliance programs and processes to manage and reduce risk. We are constantly looking for ways to do things better, more efficiently, and reduce risk. You will have the opportunity to work on projects that will have long lasting impacts on the company and work with different teams across the organization.
As a Compliance Strategies and Initiatives Manager, you will:
- Drive progress and completion on compliance projects, decisions, and buildouts through strong leadership, problem-solving, organization, and collaboration.
- Devise solutions and new ideas to improve the business, efficiency, and de-risk.
- Prioritize work and resources, and build timelines using a risk-based approach and sound project management skills.
- Show adept ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, engaged, and excited environment.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design solutions and workflows.
- Provide recommendations and solutions to issues and problems. Adequately analyze and assess risks and mitigate downsides. Find ways to say yes using a risk-based mindset.
- Be comfortable reading technical documents.
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- Broad-based experience in financial services, regulations
- Compliance project management or risk mitigation experience
- Expertise in project management and demonstrated effective communications
- A passion for fixing and improving things
- Knowledge of virtual assets, risks and regulations applicable in the financial services industry
- A proven track record of leading projects successfully, communicating effectively, and accomplishing scopes on time
- The ability to problem-solve and drive progress, with little precedent and guidance
- Demonstrated strong intellectual curiosity
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- You have knowledge of or experience in the crypto industry, either professionally or personally.
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system.
About Anchorage Digital – People: Who we are
The Anchorage Village, what we call our team, brings together the brightest minds from platform security, financial services, and distributed ledger technology to provide the building blocks that empower institutions to safely participate in the evolving digital asset ecosystem. As a diverse team of more than 300 members, we are united in one common goal: building the future of finance by providing the foundation upon which value moves safely in the new global economy.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at workregardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.