Title: Communications Specialist
Location: United States
Job Category: Sales & Marketing
Job Type: Full-time
Travel Percentage: -1
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
The Communication Delivery Specialist is responsible for executing tasks to ensure effective print production, account management, project management and vendor management of communication delivery programs. The primary focus is to ensure the quality and security of communication delivery (may include, but not limited to online portal management, printed member and provider materials, digital communication, reporting, etc.) to support the needs of the business while proactively identifying the most economical and strategic delivery format and method (i.e., Print, digital, conventional, electronic).
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Serve as primary day-to-day contact for external print vendors and internal business partners
- Review and understand project details of print and fulfillment, and other communication delivery, business requirements for assigned projects
- Monitor project dates and meet individual deliverables while supporting other team members to ensure order quality / accuracy goals are met
- Manage and monitor the end-to-end programming set-up of materials
- Provide ongoing reporting for business partners
- Provide strategic and innovative recommendations and obtain internal expenditure approval for best format, economic order quantity, fulfillment method, document estimates
- Upon project approval, issue a purchase order to officially award the job to the selected vendor
- Monitor purchase order status through invoicing, ensuring price, general ledger coding and quantity accuracy
- Provide final art files, print specifications, quantities, ship-to address, labeling/shipping, or data processing instructions to print vendors
- Hold vendor accountable to quality and production schedule and ensure accurate reporting
- Receive, review, and approve printer proofs (in conjunction with and / or on behalf of the business owner)
- Attend press checks to provide on-site direction regarding color corrections as necessary
- Monitor on time, on budget, quality, and cost-effective delivery of materials by print vendors
- Assist with materials planning, capacity planning, monthly metrics, and overall business forecasting where applicable
- Maintain accurate metrics and reporting for assigned programs and products
- Create procedure and job aid documentation on new tasks or processes
- Maintain and foster collaborative working relationships with team members, internal clients, and external vendors
- Support the overall business goals by performing additional duties as assigned or requested
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR 5+ years of experience in Communications Operations
- 2+ years of print production and materials management experience
- 2+ years of account management or program management experience
- 2+ years of experience in the printing industry
- 2+ years of experience in the mailing and lettershop industry
- 2+ years of experience in the fulfillment industry
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft Excel
- BA / BS degree strongly preferred
- Experience with digital communication delivery
- Experience coordinating or managing deliverables of third – party vendors
- Experience interfacing with business decision – makers and system end – users to prioritize and achieve desired outcomes
- Experience with Workfront
- Experience with Noosh
- Experience managing multiple deliverables, projects, and stakeholders at one time
- Self – starter with excellent communication, organizational, process planning, decision making and implementation skills
- Possess a very high level of attention to detail
- Effective negotiation, communication, project, and time management skills
- Strong interest and / or knowledge of new technologies and process improvement workflows
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $54,400 to $97,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $60,000 to $106,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.