Title: Cloud Operations Engineer II
Location: Remote United States
Hi there! We’re PAR and our purpose is:
To deliver solutions that connect people to the restaurants, meals and moments they love.
We take that responsibility very seriously. As a leading provider of technology to the top restaurant brands in the world we’re calling all rebels, instigators, idealists and builders to join our constantly growing team!
PAR invented the first standalone point of sale terminal over 40 years ago, yet we operate much like a start-up at the forefront of restaurant technology. Today, our solutions span Customer loyalty, engagement, restaurant management, payment services, drive-thru, and full POS integrations. These solutions are used to serve tens of millions of guests every day in over 120 countries.
Our mission is to build the number one restaurant technology company in the world and we’re off to great start.
We believe that our ambition is only limited by our ability to attract and retain great people; people who are up for the challenge to change the game with us! If it sounds like you belong here, we should meet!
Cloud Operations Engineer II
Under the direction of the Manager of Cloud Infrastructure the Cloud Operations Engineer II is responsible for using their technical expertise to design, implement, monitor, and support effective technology solutions that serve as the foundation for all hosted applications in the Software-As-A-Service (SaaS) environment for the benefit of the firm’s customers. This may include providing the leadership to ensure that correct technologies are selected, appropriate architectures are designed/selected and implemented, and hardware and software solutions are correctly integrated and configured to meet agreed upon project requirements.
As we continue our flexible workplace arrangements, it is crucial for our employees to ensure they have a reliable internet and cellular connection in place. Strong and stable connectivity in our work locations allows for smooth communication, seamless collaboration, and uninterrupted productivity.
United States (remote)
The base salary range for this position is $145,475 to $174,982 USD per year commensurate with geographic remote work location, experience, skills, certifications, education, and prior accomplishments. The position may be eligible for additional compensation, including a bonus, commission and/or equity, as applicable.
What We’re Looking For
- Higher education and/or supplemental industry training:
- Computer Science or Engineering
- AWS SysOps Admin or Solution Architect
- Minimum of 7-8 years of engineering experience in several of the following areas:
- Cloud IaaS providers (Azure, AWS, or GCP) Some AWS required.
- Cloud monitoring tools and visualization systems such as Data Dog, New Relic, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, Sumo Logic, Splunk.
- Solution and architecture design.
- Infrastructure management of Windows and/or Linux
- Administration or use of Docker, Kubernetes, or ECS container orchestration.
- SQL Administration, including Microsoft SQL, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, MongoDB, etc.
- Complex Scripting/Coding experience with at least one of: PowerShell, Python, Bash, C#, NodeJS, etc.
- Experience with Software Deployments using Continuous Integration and Delivery – CICD
What You will Do and Be Responsible For
- Design cloud infrastructure solutions and automation systems.
- Design and analyze complex software solutions, identify points of failure, assist with selection of appropriate technology choices, and solution designs.
- Analyze and maintain system and performance monitoring tools to define KPI’s and ensure success of solution architecture. (Datadog, New Relic, and Uptime.com).
- Participate in SDLC utilizing existing change management procedures.
- Participate in testing of software releases and security patches before deployment to production systems utilizing Infrastructure-As-Code and automation tools.
- Drive innovation and automation to increase efficiency and ensure we are following a DevOps approach to system maintenance and problem solving.
- Support software deployments driven by Continuous Integration and Delivery pipelines.
- Interface daily with support teams, development teams, and other DevOps teams.
- Resolve system escalations by developing automation and code driven solutions.
- Be a passionate advocate of DevOps principles and practices.
- Participate in 24/7 SaaS operations support, including after-hours rotation.