Business Intelligence SQL Developer Manager
Location: Indianapolis, IN, USA
The Business Intelligence (SQL Developer) Manager – Pharma Analytics (FULLY REMOTE) is fully remote (or work from our luxury offices in Chicago, Indianapolis, Boston, NYC, Gladstone NJ if preferred).
***Unfortunately, we are not able to provide sponsorship assistance at this time or in the future.***
Responsibility for overseeing development, integration, and ongoing quality management of data representing a wide range of healthcare information and Precision products and/or applications.
The Business Intelligence manager will identify means to accomplishing multiple competing prioties within their team. They will also actively manage identification and justification of new development that is required for query optimization and data source updates.
Will validate programming procedures and attest to data quality once developed or staged using a variety of advanced industry quality assurance standards. The Business Intelligence Manager will also manage key Precision products, leading other Business Intelligence Analysts, and assume a high profile role working directly clients.
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
- BS degree required and MS degree preferred with a data quantitative focus such as: Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Decision Science, Information Systems or Information Sciences.
- 7 plus years industry experience with evident proficiency and hands-on expertise using Microsoft SQL Server is required. Candidate must possess experience in leadership and influence along with planning and organization management abilities.
- Advanced knowledge in descriptive statistics and/or Pharmaceutical/Healthcare industry required.
- Inform and oversee the collection, manipulation and reporting within the corporate data, programming, and file management guidelines and policies.
- Expert knowledge of pharmaceutical source data with a specific focus on managed markets data in order to evaluate reasonableness of outputs and deliverables and lead other Business Analysts.
- Primary accountability to internal teams, both engagement and BI. Within internal teams, lead outcomes focused discussions with internal teams to guide the feasibility, methodology, and timing of data-centric projects. ——Ability to oversee multiple analysts in implementation of new requirements across multiple clients. Independently identify KPI or source data fluctuations that indicate requirement adjustment.
- Ability to independently recommend and oversee implementation of new requirements and new methodologies as KPI fluctuations or source data modifications suggest. Capability to lead self and others in defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions is required. Validate quality and appropriateness of source data and pertinence of results within client objectives. Devise methods of addressing issues encountered throughout the collection, manipulation and reporting of the data. Ability to actively question results of reporting analysts.
- Independently manage and oversee monthly production, adhoc requests and implementation of new requirements and new clients across multiple clients and multiple analysts.
- Ability to independently fully QC output, designing and implementing QC strategies and identifying potential risks to proposed implementation routes for self and others across work streams. Exceptional documentation upon implementation of new requirements for self and others across work streams.
- Oversee monthly production and basic requirement implementation by BI Analyst. Provide leadership, training and guidance to direct reports.
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback and the ability to work independently with initiative and self-motivation. Capability to work with team members to convey results, incorporate enhancements and standardize production processes across projects.
- Ability to prioritize between multiple clients with active development work streams across multiple clients.
- Willingness to translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Manage 2 – 5 analysts with responsibility for deliverables produced by team members including active development of new client initiatives. Most tasks are delegated to team members.
- Creates and delivers articulate and persuasive presentations to client senior management to elicit action and support and garner feedback for implementation. Can effectively present complex data driven business strategies to internal and external clients through multiple communication media.
- Conceptualizes and drafts clear and concise requirement gathering and documentation and ensures requirements are effectively communicated to data team members and other levels within the organization (including executive management). Monitors, evaluates and approves the communication of team members.
- Actively tracks project timelines of various client specific implementation, and manage resources for current and projected workload. Must possess a rapid agility to: reply to emails, provide instructions and guidance to other analysts on projects, address data and database issues encountered, and present final analytic results to team members and clients in a succinct and informative manner.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Excel and experience with PowerPoint and Word. Advanced use of Microsoft SQL Server including daily use of T-SQL scripts. Highly efficient code standards through differentiation of optimal utilization of views, stored procedures, table structures, subquery and use of declared variables within code. Proficiency in VBA, SSIS, SSAS and SSRS or database administration experience.
- Proactively assess potential *hurdles* in query language and provide guidance on Database Architecture providing guidance on query execution and optimizing queries for run time.
- Database Architecture providing guidance on query execution and optimizing queries for run time. Experience with Power BI and or Tableau is preferred.
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.