Employer: The Standard – StanCorp Financial Group
At The Standard, you’ll join a team focused on putting our customers first.
Our continued success is driven by a high-performance culture. We’re looking for people who are collaborative, accountable, creative, agile and are driven by a passion for doing what’s right – across the company and in our local communities.
We offer a caring culture where you can make a real difference, every day.
Ready to reach your highest potential? Let’s work together.
What You’ll Do
In this role, you will be part of a highly motivated, innovative, and high-performing team where each team member is responsible for partnering with stakeholders and leaders to execute on strategic or non-strategic initiatives. You will bring best practices, a track record of fostering partnerships and an approach to deliver results. You’ll proactively identify opportunities to leverage Business Intelligence capabilities to drive business results. With the Long Term Disability (LTD) claim lifecycle knowledge, you will be able to identify and interpret trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences. Examples of experiences include:
- Partnering with leaders in our LTD leadership teams, you will innovate and consult on development, adoption, and usage of business intelligence, to continuously improve our LTD claims management workflow.
- Using your understanding of data visualization technologies, you’ll develop operational dashboards and reports in support of LTD’s continuous improvement tracks. You’ll act as the primary point of contact for data needs, within our LTD operations.
- You’ll partner with business leaders, to improve data literacy throughout the organization.
- Utilizing The Standard’s Lean methodologies, you’ll partner through LTD’s huddles and meetings, to integrate measures throughout operational tracks, and to priorities.
- You’ll partner with Business Intelligence community across The Standard, to contribute to and drive adoption of best practices.
The Skills and Background You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Data Analytics or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Working knowledge of Group Disability claim cycle, and deep understanding of Insurance industry and knowledge of Long Term Disability claim lifecycle preferred.
- Solid understanding of data warehousing platforms, reporting automation and data visualization tools.
- Experience with query development in SQL, SAS and BI tools; skilled in R, Azure, Python and data modeling.
- Adept with data visualization tools, including DaxStudio, Power BI and Tableau.
- Advanced skills in Lean and Agile methodologies; SAFe experience preferred.
- Ability to define and create business specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and required or available data elements.
Traits of a Successful Candidate
- Strong communication skills, including clear and effective verbal and visual delivery of complex information to a variety of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated strength in collaborative partnerships, internal and external to team.
- Excellent inter-personal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Easily establish yourself as a trusted partner and the ability to build effective partnerships across all areas of the organization and with colleagues at all levels.
What You’ll Get From Us
- An engaging and inclusive work environment.
- A performance driven culture with respect for people.
- A competitive salary and benefits.
$58,400.00 – $114,200.00