Title: Business Analyst
POSITION TYPE: Full-time
GovCIO is a team of transformers–people who are passionate about transforming government I.T. We believe in making a difference by developing digital strategies and delivering the technology-related innovation that improves governmental operations each day.
But we can’t do it alone. We welcome and nurture an inclusive and diversified work culture. Because different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives make us better decision-makers, problem solvers, and creators. We’re changing the face of I.T. – from our diverse staff to the end-products we develop. And we’re excited to expand our team. Are you ready to be a transformer?
GovCIO is seeking a candidate for the position of Business Analyst to support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). This includes working with business partners to improve data communication and reporting abilities by assisting in the Business Understanding, Data Understanding, Data Preparation, Modeling, Evaluation, and Deployment processes of a centralized health reporting service. The environment is dynamic and client needs are often evolving; flexibility and forward-thinking views are important for success.
- Work with your team of subject matter experts, business analysts, change managers, and technical communications specialists to prioritize and ingest health data from a variety of VA sources to enable end-users to drive results through successful implementation of use cases
- Facilitate communications, decision making, and alignment across the different sets of stakeholders, VA leaders, and your team members to create the centralized health data repository and environment
- Assist in the build and support of a consolidated reporting data schema from 10+ health data stores including schema mapping and schema conflict resolution.
- Work closely with our technical communication specialists on internal and external communications.
- Help create and document product management and product delivery process.
- Document and understand the VA business process and support business process improvement.
- Use data, analytics, and key performance indicators (KPIs) to drive decision-making.
- Support strategic planning by helping build an analysis framework for incubation initiative evaluation.
- Learn all about the VA and its high-level strategic objectives.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, or a related scientific or technical discipline is required
- 10 years of experience
- +8 years of additional experience may be substituted for education
- Must have experience planning, analyzing, and gathering project-related requirements
- Must have strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
- Must have demonstrated strong experience juggling multiple priorities, often with tight deadlines.
- Experience with Agile and Scaled Agile Processes.
- Experience using Jira or similar tool
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience gathering requirements for creating data repositories
- Knowledge of health data modeling, health data mapping, and health data standards
- Knowledge of data transformation tools and techniques
- Knowledge of data quality assessments and remediation planning
- Experience presenting to senior leadership.
- 1 or more years’ experience within the VA.
- Ability to quickly grasp organizational program goals and objectives and correlate to key program events and milestones.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good decision-making and interpersonal skills.
Compensation Range (In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act for remote or positions located in CO)
$115,000 – $125,000