About the role
As a Blockchain Protocol Engineer at ConsenSys you will: build core blockchain and enterprise technologies; optimize blockchain data structures, write crypto algorithms and protocol specifications; Design, develop and implement blockchain protocol packages for Ethereum; Craft and maintain interfaces for API and Storage teams; Use formal methods to test the correctness of Ethereum Protocols.
- Deep understanding of OOD/OOP distributed systems; designing and developing large scale, high availability software preferably in Java
- Experience analyzing data structures and algorithms and issues related to scale, security and availability
- Experience working with language and compiler design or crypto engineering
- Experience with and/or interest in some of the following areas:
- Distributed Systems
- Database and Large-scale Storage Systems
- Big Data Processing Systems
- Operating Systems
- Performance Analysis and Optimization
- Comfortable operating in an Agile environment
- Collaborative by nature; willing to give and receive feedback
- Open to learning
- Understanding we are a globally distributed, remote-first team; Comfortable with handling uncertainty and ambiguity
Don’t check all of the boxes? Don’t sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you’ve got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we’re ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
Why join ConsenSys?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
- Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications l that are pushing the technology forward.
- Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects challenging you to stay at the top of your game.