Title: Associate Writer
Location: United States – Remote
Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of betterfor our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
The Associate Writer will project manage RFP responses and teams to draft persuasive, government-facing content for city audiences. The Associate Writer is involved with all aspects of the production process from researching requirements and laws, to gathering content from internal teams, to writing, editing and localizing Bird’s message for cities around the world. You will be responsible for conveying the unique value Bird can offer cities. You will craft and spearhead our responses for competitive procurement for global audiences.
- Draft and project manage Requests for Proposal (RFP’s) and other external facing documents to help Bird win scooter permits in cities around the world.
- Actively researching local culture and context, city goals, and other subject matter in order to write and present effectively.
- Champion the Bird brand, voice and style throughout your writing.
- Juggle multiple projects with competing priorities and tight deadlines in an ever-changing environment.
- Develop relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders to support the Senior Writer in developing a strategy for winning each permit.
- Own your work from start to finish; able to work independently while also supporting the greater team.
- Native level or professional fluency in written and verbal English.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, Journalism, Communications, Public Administration or a related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to persuade internal and external audiences.
- Competitive spirit.
- 3-5 years of experience in Grant Writing
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and thrive in ambiguity
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work-from-home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.