Employer: Oregon Mutual Insurance
Oregon Mutual Insurance Company, a regional carrier is the western states, offers a wonderful opportunity to perform, excel and grow in the insurance industry as a User Experience Engineer within the IT team! We are seeking a highly motivated team member with some experience as a UX Engineer who wants to jump in and work with the team. Remote, hybrid, or on-premises in our McMinnville, OR headquarters.
- College Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Graphic Design or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 0-2 years’ experience in a User Experience role.
- Understanding of the following:
- Bootstrap and responsive mobile web application development.
- Converting wireframes and mockups into functional interfaces
- Building single-page web applications
- Version control software, including Azure DevOps
Attributes of a Successful Candidate
- Strategic thinking: Improve ability to see the big picture and take a longer range, broader business perspective. Learn to step back from the day-to-day tactical details of the business and focus on the “why”, not just the “what and “how.”
- Communication: Demonstrate to others that you value what they have to say. Use active listening, open-ended questions, body language, and eliminate distractions that get in the way of your ability to listen. Communicate in an authentic way that inspires others.
- Cross-functional knowledge and perspective: Learn about other aspects of the business. Improve your understanding of the insurance industry. Get closer to our customers and understand what they need and value.
- Collaboration: Improve relationships with peers. Be a better partner, understand their goals and needs, and learn to work together to help achieve each other’s goals.
Headquartered in McMinnville Oregon and named one of the Best Main Streets in America, by Parade and Sunset magazines.
Equal Opportunity Employer