Associate Legal Counsel – US Remote
Shift Type: Remote – North America
Facility: Remote – North America
Vista Legal delivers full spectrum legal guidance to the Vista business, as well as customs and trade compliance support. We are a global team, with 15 team members located across the United States, Spain, Canada, the Netherlands, United Kingdom and Ukraine. Vista Legal strives to help Vista achieve its strategic and business objectives. To that end, we take pride in delivering creative, practical, and solution-oriented advice aimed at enhancing strategic and business outcomes, and minimizing friction on business execution, all while keeping important compliance and risk mitigation considerations in proper focus. As a team, we are smart, passionate, and driven to contribute to Vista’s success, while still keeping it relaxed, collaborative and fun along the way.
What You Will Do:
This is an entry level Associate Legal Counsel position with the Vista Legal team. The position is expected to begin in August. The Associate Legal Counsel will primarily work within Vista Legal’s Contracts and Commercial Transactions practice, focusing on a wide range of commercial transactions across Vista’s global business. In addition, the Associate Legal Counsel will contribute to general day-to-day legal matters that arise across the Vista business. Candidates must be able to work independently, set priorities, meet deadlines, pay meticulous attention to detail, and be responsive.
- Analyzing, revising and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts, guided by Vista’s business objectives and the practical risk assessment of the transaction.
- Collaborating with internal teams to understand business needs and provide legal guidance on contract terms and negotiations.
- Building and refreshing Vista Legal’s template contracts library and developing and publishing self-help resources for Vista business team members pursuing commercial transactions without hands-on Legal team involvement.
- Ensuring commercial contracts that involve personal data comply with relevant privacy laws, including the GDPR and CCPA.
- Stay updated on relevant legal developments and industry trends in e-commerce and commercial transactions.
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from an accredited law school and admission to the bar.
- Willingness to learn quickly, dig into subject matter and contribute to the team.
- Interest in commercial contracts and business law, e-commerce, online technology and privacy law.
- Self-directed, highly motivated individual who can work effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Demonstrated academic achievement and strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to clearly and accurately explain complex issues to diverse technical and business audiences.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to effectively and timely manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- A drive for excellence and for delivering outstanding service that exceeds client expectations.
- A passionate self-starter with a get things done mind-set and approach, but always consistent with the highest professional and ethical standards.