AI Projects Leader
UNITED STATES /
CORPORATE PRODUCTION /
As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 400,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate, and evaluate all content types. Our team works across locations in North America, Europe, and Asia serving our global clients in the markets that matter to them. www.welocalize.com
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Welocalize’s fastest-growing service line is AI Data Services. We are partnering with clients across diverse industries to help them create, collect, annotate, or QA their training data to optimize their AI and machine learning applications. Our AI Data Services encompass a wide range of solutions, including data generation, labeling, validation, and augmentation, enabling our clients to build, deploy, and improve their AI models effectively. By leveraging our expertise in natural language processing, computer vision, and other AI-related technologies, we empower clients to harness the full potential of AI and drive significant business growth.
- The AI Projects Leader will lead our growing team of AI Projects Specialists, AI Deployment Engineers, and Data Services Specialists. You will focus on creating and optimizing processes, driving innovation in novel and ambiguous environments, nurturing the professional growth of your direct reports, and engaging with clients to ensure outstanding customer satisfaction. You will apply your knowledge of AI, machine learning, and project management methodologies to deliver deep analytical solutions and manage the development of client-facing programs and internal processes.
- Lead, mentor, and develop a globally distributed team of AI Projects Specialists, AI Deployment Engineers, and Data Services Specialists, focusing on their professional growth, skills development, and performance management.
- Develop, implement, and continuously refine project management processes, methodologies, and best practices for AI data services projects and related solutions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and address challenges, manage risks, and resolve issues in a timely manner, with a focus on fostering a culture of customer centricity, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Ensure successful execution and delivery of AI data services projects and deployment solutions, meeting or exceeding client expectations and quality standards.
- Establish strong relationships with clients, stakeholders, and internal teams to ensure seamless communication and alignment across all project phases.
- Be involved in many aspects of model design and evaluation tasks, providing feedback on AI and machine learning approaches and working with R&D on developing and improving model performance.
- Drive customer engagement and satisfaction, ensuring that client needs are met, addressing any concerns in a proactive manner, and creating customer evangelists for Welocalize’s services.
- Report on the performance of AI data services projects and programs, demonstrating the team’s business impact to senior leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computational Linguistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or adjacent field with a minimum of 5 years of related experience or a Master’s degree.
- Minimum 2 years of technical management experience in AI deployments, machine learning, or related technology fields.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in AI data services, project management, and customer engagement.
- Proven track record in creating and implementing effective project management processes and methodologies in fast-paced, ambiguous environments.
- Strong experience in mentoring, developing, and managing high-performing teams, with a focus on nurturing talent and fostering professional growth in technical roles.
- Exceptional problem-solving, decision-making, and critical-thinking skills, with the ability to navigate complex situations and drive successful outcomes.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and relationship-building skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with clients, stakeholders, and internal teams.
- A strong passion for AI and machine learning technologies, with a demonstrated interest in staying up-to-date with the latest industry trends and advancements.
- General business acumen and demonstrated focus on financial impact and customer satisfaction.
- Experience working in a private equity-backed organization is a plus.