Employer: Integrated DNA Technologies
IDT is the leading manufacturer of custom oligonucleotides and proprietary technologies for genomics applications. Our work is complex and cutting-edge, and our team members are curious, creative thinkers who understand that good data drives smart decisions. At IDT, we realize that although science may be uniform, people are unique. We promote a culture where engaged people are motivated and have opportunities to achieve their full potential, as part of one global team.
IDT is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we’re pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
Location: Remote, USA
The Application Developer provides development and maintenance services for Enterprise-class systems. This position includes requirements definition, analysis, development, testing, implementation and support to deliver benefits to the organization, its’ customers, and other business partners.
- Perform software development activities using established development practices; following design and coding standards, code reviews, code versioning, continuous builds, unit/integration testing, & deployments.
- Assist in the creation of system design and functional specifications for software development projects.
- Actively collaborate with the team to build consistent and dependable solutions using knowledge of best practices and business processes.
- Identify opportunities and facilitate communication that can improve the efficiency of business processes.
- Investigate and resolve application functionality, related issues, and provide first-level support/troubleshooting of our software systems.
- Handle support inquiries and escalate as necessary.
- Effectively presents technical information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Produce technical documentation for new and existing applications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or MIS. (Preferred)
- Experience with enterprise software applications. (Preferred)
Other Job Qualifications:
- Ability to utilize and apply technical knowledge and skills.
- Must be highly organized and can maintain several projects at one time.
- Must be able to interact in a professional manner with customers, employees, and all levels of management
- Ability to analyze situations accurately, utilizing a variety of analytical techniques to make well-informed decisions.
- Ability to develop and evaluate alternatives.
- Exert up to 10lbs. of force occasionally and/or up-to a minimal amount frequently
What We Offer:
- Generous Paid Time Off Accruals
- 16 Hours PAID Volunteer Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Up to eight (8) weeks of 100% paid parental leave to eligible U.S. associates
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Options