Location: United States
Job Type: Full-time
naviHealth, part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, combines the talents of our dedicated staff and leading-edge technology to deliver compassionate care to seniors nationwide. With millions of lives touched, we are innovating the way health care is delivered from hospital to home so seniors can lead more fulfilling lives. A career with us means making an impact in the lives of those we serve, including vulnerable populations who benefit from care that is more efficient, more effective and more human. Our environment empowers our team members to elevate our interactions with each other and the experiences we deliver to our patients, giving them more days at home. Join our team, it’s your chance to improve the lives of millions while doing your life’s best work.
At naviHealth, our mission is to work with extraordinarily talented people who are committed to making a positive and powerful impact on society by transforming health care. naviHealth is the result of almost two decades of dedicated visionary leaders and innovative organizations challenging the status quo for care transition solutions. We do health care differently and we are changing health care one patient at a time.
Within the Central Analytics team, the Sr. Analytics Engineer plays a critical role within the overall Analytics Department in building and curating naviHealth’s analytic data foundation and reporting to deliver strategic business value to the organization. The Sr. Analytics Engineer is responsible for designing and developing enterprise solutions and utilizing primary technologies such as SQL Server Management Studio, Tableau, and Visual Studio. This is a collaborative position that will partner with both technical and non-technical colleagues to support naviHealth’s growth strategy, innovative mindset, and commitment to quality.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Transform raw or near-raw data and reference information from a wide variety of data sources into comprehensive analytics and reporting-ready data sources for clinical, operational, and financial use cases
- Utilizing these data sources, build and curate standardized and ad hoc organizational reporting for usage across all naviHealth departments
- Working with the organization’s technology teams to intake, build, and curate complex databases
- Analytics data model documentation and planning
- Ensure that the established standards are followed for application architecture, development, documentation, and deployment in order to maintain high levels of consistency and quality
- Collaborate with a wide variety of organizational stakeholders to plan, design, and deploy new data sources, reporting, or products or enhance existing assets
- Analyze query performance and perform query tuning to assist development engineers in designing and optimizing queries
- Troubleshoot and resolve production support issues
- Perform technical analysis and requirements definition
- Educating and training other members of the organization (analysts, key stakeholders, etc.) as necessary so that they are empowered to utilize the various data and reporting resources available
- Function as a subject matter expert for the team and department in areas of assigned responsibility
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested
- 3+ years of combined experience in reporting & analysis, data management & reconciliation
- 3+ years of combined programming knowledge (such as SQL) and of relational databases, data management, data warehouse
- 3+ years of combined experience with Tableau solution development (or similar reporting software/tool) and integration with existing architecture and data engineering assets
- Bachelor’s Degree or 2+ years of experience in lieu of a degree
- Experience working with healthcare domain knowledge like customer, member, and claims (Medical, Pharmacy & Lab)
- Experience with data modeling (relationships, data types, tables, etc.) experience and understanding of analytics concepts (queries, reporting, association of data sources)
- Experience with ETL working with large data sets
- Ability to demonstrate key successes on business solutions derived from analysis and deep learning
- Analytical skills including ability to isolate and resolve issues
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.