Employer: Lincoln Financial Group
General Purpose of Job
This position will develop and deliver applications and programs for Lincoln Financial Groups variable annuity guarantees. They will develop production application that will produce management reports, analyze hedge breakage, enhance attribution analysis, and measure the effectiveness of its hedging program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Champions and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Consults with management on technical design risk management issues including ensuring that all parties understand the significant capabilities, risk and/or system limitation(s).
- Consults/Analyze on more complex assignments and/or projects for their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Critiques, reviews, and comments on the technical designs of peers and recommends enhancements to various systems under development or being currently utilized.
- Develops and delivers production variable annuity guarantees actuarial models
- Develops prototype models or tools to help support the group’s research activities and makes changes to Lincoln’s proprietary hedging model for research purposes
- Develops utility programs to automate, improve, and streamline production processes to automate the many steps involved.
- Identifies and recommends process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality for their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Leads technical design discussions on assigned projects.
- Maintains current knowledge of technical development trends, assess the impact on the hedging program, and ensures that new trends are appropriately incorporated in current and future hedging solutions
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Performs testing on the models.
- Prepares and communicates technical documents, technical designs, unit tests, implementation plans, presentations, and communications (memos, fact sheets, collateral materials) to a wide range of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Provides analysis of assumptions unlocking (Mortality, Lapse, and utilization rates),, new products, and new hedging strategies.
- Serves as a resource to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on more complex assignments/projects for their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Serves as back up for the daily hedging processing including, delivering trade grid to the trading desk and identifying and resolving production issues in a timely manner.
- Shares technical knowledge with team members.
- Translates, formats, and integrates technical model requirements into production level code.
Additional Position Responsibilities
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by: – Making suggestions for improvement – Learning new skills, procedures and processes
- Performs other duties as required.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations.
- Ability to translate advanced mathematics into C++.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Ability to write technical documents, presentations, and communications (memos, fact sheets, collateral materials) to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated experience in motivating others in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial derivatives and ‘Greeks’.
- Demonstrates ability to identify and recommend processes improvements.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrates experience in identification, assessment, and communication of technical design capability and risk within a large and complex environment.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Knowledge of various Software Development Life Cycle Methodologies.
- Practices active and attentive listening.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Proficiency with Perl, Excel, and VBA.
- Sound knowledge of grid computing systems.
- Strong project management skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
- 4 Year/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor’s) – Minimum Required
- 4 Year/Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) – Minimum Required
0 – 1+ Years Experience within the Financial Services or Insurance Industry preferred. (Required ),0 – 1+ Years of work experience using relational database and SQL for programming or analysis (Required ),3 – 5+ Years of work experience, with two years of experience programming or modeling for financial industry with C++ in high-performance applications involving multi-threading, multi-processes, and/or MPI. (Required ),0 – 1+ Years Prior experience in assessment and communication of technical design for complex projects. (Required ),0 – 1+ Years Prior experience working in UNIX environment (Required )
What’s it like to work here?
At Lincoln Financial Group, we love what we do. We make meaningful contributions each and every day to empower our customers to take charge of their lives. Working alongside dedicated and talented colleagues, we build fulfilling careers and stronger communities through a company that values our unique perspectives, insights and contributions and invests in programs that empower each of us to take charge of our own future.
What’s in it for YOU:
- A clearly defined career framework to help you successfully manage your career
- Leadership development and virtual training opportunities
- PTO/parental leave
- Competitive 401K and employee benefits
- Free financial counseling, health coaching and employee assistance program
- Tuition assistance program
- A leadership team that prioritizes your health and well-being; offering a remote work environment and flexible work hybrid situations
- Effective productivity/technology tools and training
Work from Home : Employees will work fully from home. Their job will not require the employee to come into the office, unless for special circumstances.
Lincoln will evaluate the following when setting the successful candidate’s wage rate:
• Prior work or industry experience.
• Education level to the extent education is relevant to the position.
• Unique skills