Employer: Oregon Mutual Insurance
There’s nothing more satisfying than knowing you’ve made a difference in the life of another. As a Professional at Oregon Mutual Insurance, you immediately become an integral part of a team that fulfills our company’s mission to provide peace of mind to our customers by delivering superior products and service.
We are currently seeking a Project Manager/Scrum Master to manage Oregon Mutual’s software development programs and projects. If you are interested in being in the forefront of change for a small regional company and seeing software projects to completion apply now.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and motivating traditional and agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering projects that provide exceptional business value.
- Responsible for management of several concurrent projects using traditional, agile and hybrid methods that may cross multiple business divisions.
- Serve as Project Manager for small, mid-sized and large projects providing new systems and enhancement to internal staff and outward facing customers. Projects will include cross-functional initiatives that impact multiple work-streams, stakeholders, platforms upgrades or independent projects all supporting business goals.
- Work with our product delivery teams in a Scrum Master role to facilitate and guide scrum teams to successfully deliver feature using agile methodologies and practices, including backlog refinement, sprint planning, daily scrums, sprint reviews and retrospectives.
- As needed, drive other projects using project management methodologies.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time and on budget; continually assessing and mitigating risk.
- Hold all team members accountable; ensure that they are aware of and are delivering on the priorities and timeline.
- Plan, schedule and track project timelines and milestones using Jira.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope and identify potential risks and devise contingency plans.
- Report weekly on project statuses, accomplishments, timelines, issues, and risks.
- Make recommendations for project best practices and tools for project execution and management.
Minimum qualifications may include:
- Certified Scum Master (CSM)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- 2 or more years of information technology project support
- 2 or more years of experience as project manager or business analyst
- 2 or more years of experience as a Scrum Master
- 2 or more years as Agile coach for a company undergoing Agile transformation highly desirable
Preferred qualifications may include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelors’ degree in Business Information Systems, Information Science, Business Administration, or technology related field or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the required skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office/O365, SharePoint, Jira, or similar technologies.
- Familiarity with project management software, such as Roadmaps in Jira and Microsoft Project.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel and Word
- Conduct analysis under minimal direction to support business decisions
- Experience in development of insurance policy administration systems a plus.
- Interact with IT, vendors, and other technical staff to develop project goals, priorities and timelines and ensure successful implementation of projects
- Provide business requirements and work with IT to develop technical specifications for new products and changes to existing rating and issuing systems
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, team player and customer service skills
- Ability to stay organized and be detail oriented.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to analyze existing processes, identify inefficiencies and propose better solutions
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Strategic thinker, ability to take a longer view with a broader business perspective