3D Modeler – Hard Surface – Permanent Remote
3D Hard Surface Modeler Permanent Remote
**Note: Please note the geographic restrictions for this remote job at the bottom of the posting.** If you live in a state we cannot hire from but are willing and able to relocate, please note this in your cover letter.
WebstaurantStore is looking for a self-motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our rapidly growing company as a full-time, fully-remote Hard Surface 3D Modeler. Successful candidates will demonstrate strong skills in modeling and texturing both photorealistic and realtime assets for our virtual photography and AR pipelines, where we create renderings and AR experiences to showcase our products to customers.
Based in Lancaster, PA. WebstaurantStore is the largest online restaurant supply store servicing professionals and individual customers worldwide. With hundreds of thousands of products available and millions of orders shipped, we have everything hospitality businesses need to function at their best. Over the years we have expanded our selection of commercial equipment and wholesale supplies to include healthcare, educational, food, beverage, office, parts and hotel supplies.
As part of our open, respectful, collaborative, and rapidly-growing 3D team, your primary responsibility will be creating high-fidelity textured models from 3D scan data and photo reference, as well as prepping the models for upload to our web 3D platform. You will be expected to stay on task and show initiative while following our workflows and brand standards.
A link to an online portfolio showcasing your modeling and texturing skills should accompany your application.
As a Hard Surface Modeler you will:
- Create high-fidelity 3D models of our products (with UV layouts and PBR texture sets) suitable for photorealistic rendering using 3D scans, photographs, and CAD data as reference
- Optimize models to work within the constraints of our web viewer and AR platforms where necessary
- Work with the rest of the 3D team to constantly improve and streamline our workflows.
- Provide accurate time estimates for tasks, including iteration and review time
- Collaborate with the Photography, 3D Modeling, and Development teams to solve creative and technical problems and meet deadlines collaboratively.
- Organize and upload files according to department standards
- Hungry: Passionate for their work and self-motivated, with a process improvement focus.
- Humble: Has the grounded confidence to share their ideas, recognize the contributions of others, and admit mistakes.
- People Smart: Effective communicator and attentive listener, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency (via online portfolio) in realistic modeling and texturing; preference will be given to portfolios showing accurate models of real-world objects.
- Proficiency in Maya or 3ds Max, Marmoset Toolbag, Adobe Substance, and related applications
- Experience working within a PBR pipeline and with UV unwrapping
- Bachelor’s degree in 3D Animation, Fine Art, or related field
- 2+ years professional experience in 3D asset production
- Python or other scripting languages a plus
What’s in it For You:
WebstaurantStore is deeply committed to being a great place to work, with a culture of continuous improvement backed up by the resources of an established, profitable company. Some of the benefits of joining our 3D team include:
- A real 40-hour week. In the past year our team has worked zero hours of overtime.
- Remote work with a flexible schedule.
- A friendly, collaborative, large, and growing team. You’ll be working remotely but you won’t be alone.
- A steady rhythm of projects. The nature of our studio’s workstream is to have very few surprises – no crunch time or dry spells, and no scrambling after the client’s latest whim.
- Institutional support. We can leverage the developer and sysadmin resources of the large ecommerce company that we are to help the team.
- A high-end workstation and all software is provided, with a dedicated IT helpdesk for issues.
As for compensation, this is a full-time position with a competitive benefits package, including:
- Paid time off for holidays plus 3 weeks per year
- Healthcare, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k with company match and profit-sharing contributions
- Student loan payments matched as if they were contributions into 401k
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account
- Pre-tax Dependent Care Account
- Life Insurance
- Employee discount at our website and The Restaurant Store
Remote work qualifications
- Access to a reliable and secure high-speed internet connection. Cable or fiber internet connections (at least 75mbps download/10mbps upload) are preferred, as satellite connections often cannot support the technologies used to perform day-to-day tasks.
- Access to a home router and modem.
- A dedicated home office space that is noise- and distraction-free. The space should have strong wireless connection or a wired Ethernet connection (wired connection is preferred, if possible).
- A valid, physical address (apartment, suite, etc.). PO Boxes are not supported, as a physical address is required for you to receive your computer equipment.
- The desire and ability to work and communicate with other team members via chat, webcam, etc.
- **Legal residents of one of the following states: (AK, AL, AR, AZ, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, NH, NM, NV, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY). H-1B Visa Sponsorship Not Available, W2 only.