Title: BC, 3D Character Modeler, Senior
Location: Vancouver BC CA
3D Senior Character Modeler
This position is based in Vancouver. All applicants must reside in the United States or British Columbia/Ontario if applying within Canada.
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits and works include, Sweet Tooth, Legends of Tomorrow, The Haunting of Bly Manor, Superman & Lois and Stargirl.
“Visual Evolution” is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?
Our Vancouver location is currently seeking a 3D Senior Character Modeler to join our Character Development team.
The Senior Character Modeler reports to the Concept & Build Supervisor.
- Model/texture/shade/sculpt high quality hero creatures and characters assets
- Take point on character/creature design and development under the direction of Supervisors as needed
- Collaborate with rigging, animation, and CFX to create production ready assets
- Set up initial groom and cloth template
- Create posed and lit turn tables
- Work within the colour and lighting pipeline
- Ensure downstream pipeline needs are considered and assets are optimized for rendering
- Work to address notes
- Work to ensure internal and external deadlines and deliveries are met with budgeted hours
- Share knowledge and techniques with team members to improve overall team skills and asset quality.
- Apply secondary skillsets in other areas when waiting for character/creature assignment.
- Mentor other artists including juniors.
- 5 yrs. minimum experience creating high resolution organic models.
- Strong knowledge of realistic anatomy of both bipeds and quadrupeds.
- Proficiency in Maya, ZBrush, Mudbox.
- Proficiency in Substance Painter and/or Mari
- Solid re-topologizing and UV skills a must.
- Photorealistic texturing experience
- Experience with photo-real VFX production work.
- Strong understanding of hair grooming methodologies.
- Excellent English communication skills both written & verbal.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Positive attitude, hard worker, flexible schedule for deliveries.
- Ability to communicate creative ideas fluidly
- Pro-active, highly motivated with a solid work ethic.
- Team player
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner.
- Ability to keep up with fast pace and meet tight deadlines.
- Up-to-date reel showcasing required skill set.
Nice to have:
- Marvelous Designer
- Hard surface modeling experience
- Knowledge of V-ray
- Knowledge of UE4/5
- Candidates MUST be located in the United States, British Columbia or Ontario. This is a remote (work from home) position.
- Zoic does not cover relocation costs.
- This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
- Due to the volume of applications we receive across our different openings we regret that only those selected to interview will be contact.